• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

my oil painting done

ive only painted with oils 3 or 4 times but i am a so called artist. i mostly draw with pen or sketch with pencil. i was supposed to have done this a few months ago and said to everyone i would show it to all when i finished.
its ok if you have some opinions on how i should take this in which directions to go from here. i want to sell my art eventually. i consider this "abstract" but maybe not. i could use some feedback. thanks

Attachments

• 20200817_140838 (2).jpg
    20200817_140838 (2).jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 143
It's nice to see your work. I like it. You seem to have a good feel for action, and oil is not the easiest medium to learn. In that you have to be patient waiting for it to dry. But it has other benefits like blending and mixing.
I like the eagle, you've captured the intensity, you can feel it when you look at it. Only one suggestion, make the fox a little clearer in shape if you can (I know you were suggesting speed with that shape). You have a good eye for this, continue on.

thanks for your suggestions ,i agree the fox was kind of after thought looking shape to it. i want to paint it again and try to bring out the fox a lot more. yes its hard to mix all these colors together, i was shaking before i started painting don't know why, i just have a lot of anxiety, make one mistake and you throw it all off, lol

yes its hard to mix all these colors together, i was shaking before i started painting don't know why, i just have a lot of anxiety, make one mistake and you throw it all off, lol

That's one of the advantages of using oil paint though, you can scrape it off if it's still soft and redo it. Or you can paint over it when it's dry. Unlike acrylics for example. Oil paint takes a lot more patience than other mediums, but it's far more forgiving. Master painters used to paint on top of old paintings, when they needed to. Some of their work is layered over other work they were not satisfied with.

I really like this! (I'm very very picky when it comes to art --> used to work at an art museum). I like that the fox isn't immediately visible and blends in with the background somewhat. In my head it carries meaning, such as: take the time to go back a re-examine what your initial perceptions. It also makes we want to return for second, third, fourth, etc viewings, which is one of my criteria for a piece that I'd hang on my wall. I hope you have a shop to sell your work soon. I would be very interested in it. :D

I really like this! (I'm very very picky when it comes to art --> used to work at an art museum). I like that the fox isn't immediately visible and blends in with the background somewhat. In my head it carries meaning, such as: take the time to go back a re-examine what your initial perceptions. It also makes we want to return for second, third, fourth, etc viewings, which is one of my criteria for a piece that I'd hang on my wall. I hope you have a shop to sell your work soon. I would be very interested in it. :D

i appreciate your reply. makes me feel good. im planning on painting more stuff and uploading them to different sites when i get enough paintings done to sell prints later. i had a dream one night, there were lots of people sitting around squeezed into this little gallery just to see all these paintings on a wall i was hanging up, you are correct about that. i believe this will come to pass.

I love the action and emotion this piece captures!!
Powerful hawk, spread and center, standing out against the BG
Helpless fox, blending in with it's environment, your brush strokes showing the swiftness and speed of the creature, doing what it takes to survive.
Open ended to the viewer of how the situation ends up...maybe a narrow escape, or a bloodied feast

Keep it up with the arts, I think you'd go far selling your pieces :)

New Threads

Top Bottom