• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My name is Vatblack

Vatblack

I am a mother of a 9 year old with Autism 1. She is basically an Aspie. We have known for sure that she is on the spectrum for 4 years now, but I knew there was something different with her from a very young age - from 3 months old onwards.

Luckily we got very early intervention through a state program long before she was even diagnosed. She is extremely high functioning, so much so that when the symptoms appear it takes people who are not in her company a lot by surprise.

Each start of the school year the teachers do not believe me that there is some issues that they will need to deal with. By the end of the school year they beg the Independent Learning Plan staff not to graduate her from her plan.

But life is good with her. I am here for a more selfish reason today. I am trying to inform people about autism and how it is different from what they expect. For example, my daughter has good eye contact and social skills. So, for a long time I dismissed Autims as a cause of what I noticed. So, I will be posting a new thread to ask about that and see what your responses are.

I am 48 years old and am originally from South AFrica. I'm married to an America and we live in Florida.

Last edited:
upload_2019-3-27_18-57-0.png

Hi and welcome to the forums. Autism is indeed a spectrum and you don't need to have all the symptoms to be on it.

New Threads

Top Bottom