• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Life Never Started

SteveNomad

:( Just to sum things up from the beginning, it's a like my life never really started:cryingcat:. My life never really took off:cry:. And now I'm old:pensive:. I have practically no money, no possessions, I don't know how I can get a decent situation with a place securely of my own set up, even just with decent furnishings and the Dr things I do have - and I sometimes think of that of something that could be a comfortable decline:expressionless:.
I think someone here may have said to me that they had the impression I said I had only a year and a half left to live, or something like that.:frowning:. I did not say that, and that is not the case. I have been, when things were medically st there worst, been told of poddibiliyird - it, actually, I think I'm medically better off than that now, somewhat recovered after the dialysis operation.

I can say the same i was pretty mush doomed from birth (and i SO wish i could have died at birth rather then this crappy life with all my diagnosis & problems) . BUT youre NOT too old neither is it impossible to get some more " life" we just have to learn and accept that we have our specific limitations (incl financual ) and try to work with what we got to work with.

Im like you as poor as Church mice Steve and i dont have a life worth diddly either too be honest (Thank god we do have fairly better safety net over here then other countries ) but im still WAY under the poverty line. & STILL i manage to get some minor highlights pretty much every month It has takend me MANY years to get here and it takes allot of sacrifice in the rest of my life to get to do this high lights tho.

So what im trying to say is DONT give up Steve you have to try to get ahead in life and as i said make the best you can with what you got to work with and ACCEPT youre limitations.

To me its obvius youre in a depression Steve so if you havent yet contact the docs reg this ASAP.

And if i in any way shape or form can help feel free to Pm me

Last edited:
Share that thought. But we live for things greater then ourself. A purpose all our own. That is what i believe.

I had a life and I'll be honest, I'm kind of preferring the 'not having a life' better. Having a life takes so much energy and has to somehow intertwine with other people's or other person's lives and you can never just make it what you want it to be. There's always going to be good and bad that you have absolutely no control over. I've lived in a tiny camper for a while and lived in a really nice home. I've had nothing and I've had anything I wanted. I've lived close to family and I've lived where family could not reach me. I've gained, I've lost. I'm most content where I am now - little area of my own, not a lot of communication with the outside world, but enough. Nothing exciting by far, but content.

I think it is a typo of “possibilities”.

I've considered that.

I put the word "poddibiliyird" in a draft and then
substituted plausible letters that were next to the
ones in the unknown word.

poddibiliyird
possibilities

A couple of the letters were more than one key away.

I've considered that.

I put the word "poddibiliyird" in a draft and then
substituted plausible letters that were next to the
ones in the unknown word.

poddibiliyird
possibilities

A couple of the letters were more than one key away.

All the letters seem to me to be only one key away...which are the ones that are not?

Well, I will try it again.

po dd ibili y i rd
po ss ibili t i es

I see. It was the hand switch on the y/t substitution.
You're right.
They are all just a key away.

I have qwerty keyboard and don't use my left hand to enter the letter "Y."
I was thinking about how far away the letter "Y" would be if I had to use my
left hand. I use the standard hand positions for qwerty keyboard.

Left hand home position is 'asdf' and thumb on space bar.
Right hand home position is "jkl;" thumb on space bar.
What is the Home Row Keys?

Since you wrote this, you do have a life, but I can also understand struggles and strife. I hope that things turn around for you. Try to remain positive if you can and be thankful for the things you do have. At least that is what helps me. Keep your chin up!

I know what you mean on not having a life, but, a lot of strife.
Too old and too many disabilities to start over and SSD is below poverty level.
Don't know where I would go if I needed institutional living.
For now I rent part of a large house.
Just have to do the best we can and time goes on.

I am now in a hotel room-looking private room (more later), but they keep extending my stay, saying I'll be released to somewhere (since I'm homeless) tomorrow but I don't get released I guess because they can't find any program that wants me and I guess they are obligated to find something somewhere since I'm homeless and 60 and actually pretty damn crippled:coldsweat: but maybe something nice will open up for me today or tomorrow, there had been a quite optimistic forecast yesterday or - It just turned 6 AM - the day before, maybe being here a little longer (not too long) is good! I'm'm in White Plains, NY. More later.

...I am out of the hospital now. I am in a shelter now, alright, not perfect (more later - I forget what else I could have said about that hospital room above(. I've spent a lot of money, including for taxis.
You know, I've always wanted to learn Welsh, actually!!!!!!!!!:p

...I'm in a shelter in Valhalla, NY. It's a fairly nice shelter situation, and at least I have a bed and a little storage space but they're apparently going to charge me a percentage of my SSDI that would be on the high end for a real apartment. For being older and crippled I have a better situation but it's still with a (nice) roommate and there's not a whole lot to do, especially overnight. This shelter is literally right down the hill from the County Jail - why don'tcha make the pipeline even more obvious?

New Threads

Top Bottom