• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Job at the Movie Theaters.

Is your workplace environment positive or negative?

• Total voters

theconservativeaspie

Dangerously Autistic, No Trigger Warnings Here
Hello all,
Two months ago, I got accepted to work at a movie theater. It's a very popular brand in the US, I am sure that you have all heard of AMC Theaters. I'm not going to tell you which AMC I work at because I do not want you to know where I live.
Working at this AMC has many pros and only a few cons. One of the many pros is that the managers at this AMC are very supportive. Another is that I get to watch free movies whenever I want to (and bring one or sometimes two guests with me). The workplace environment is very positive.
This is going to be me just posting all the stories that I have. Feel free to comment too. I would love some tips on how to be succesful at this job. Also if you have a negative workplace environment, feel free to comment.

Sounds like a good job! I would have difficulty staying away from the popcorn though. :D

I don’t know AMC theaters. However, your workplace sounds positive. My last job was filled with positive people, but the job itself was too stressful, which had a negative influence on me.

Starting a new job soon, hoping for a positive atmosphere and a better balance :)

Working at this AMC has many pros and only a few cons. One of the many pros is that the managers at this AMC are very supportive.
AMC is one of my favorite theaters. My wife and I see an average of 5 movies a month at our local AMC. We have noticed that ticket collectors are usually handicapped in some way so it must be AMC corporate policy to reach out and support disabled persons. Perhaps this web site could have a special page devoted to corporations that do this.

If you go 5 times a month, then to save money, I highly suggest the A-List. Unlike moviepass, A-List lets you see movies in all formats, like 3D and IMAX.

I have two jobs. One is quite positive, healthy and I am paid well. The other is where people are treated like crap when they work in certain departments. In this job we are invisible worker drones.

Unlike moviepass, A-List lets you see movies in all formats, like 3D and IMAX.
I am fortunate to live near an AMC theater that has multiple rooms including IMAX and 3-D. Usually there are 6 or more movies playing on the same day and the times are staggered. So with the A-list it is possible to binge on movies. This makes the $20/month well worth the price. Also the quality of movies coming out these days is vastly better than it was several years ago when most of the releases were not worth the price of admission.

AMC theaters is a chain of movie theaters we have here in the United States. It happens to be the largest chain of movie theatres in the world with 661 locations in the US and 244 locations in Europe.

I don’t know AMC theaters. However, your workplace sounds positive. My last job was filled with positive people, but the job itself was too stressful, which had a negative influence on me.

Starting a new job soon, hoping for a positive atmosphere and a better balance :)

New Threads

Top Bottom