• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SRSAutistic

My programming lecture class will be virtual (on Zoom) for today and Wednesday due to Thanksgiving break (24th-27th November), and there is no discussion class today due to the strike. My physics lecture class will still be in-person for today and Wednesday. There is no physics discussion class on Thursday due to Thanksgiving. There are no physics labs this week due to Thanksgiving break.

Judge

V.I.P Member
Sure glad there was no Internet when I was a college student. What a distraction!

But then we still had sex, drugs and rock n roll. I survived- and graduated. :cool:

Rodafina

Hopefully Human
V.I.P Member
Hi @Rodafina,

Yes, it has changed my class routine. When I left my programming lecture class, so many graduate students were striking. Yesterday, when I arrived at my physics lecture class (this lecture class was in-person yesterday), the graduate students were striking. Attached is the image of strike. I saw so many strike signs (I did not pick up a strike sign. The strike signs read 'UAW ON STRIKE. UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICE'). The strikes are going to continue indefinitely until the graduate students and the UC system reach an agreement. More than 48,000 graduate students and academic workers across the entire UC system are striking.

I am worried that this will disrupt my final exam schedules, especially my physics lab on Tuesday 29th November from 17:00 to 18:50 (5:00pm to 6:50pm). The final exam has to be completed as a group, and I am worried that the strike will cancel the group final exam.
This all must be really challenging your adaptability. I hope you are finding ways to manage any routines and practices that have been upset by all of this. Keep in mind, that you are not alone, and the entire student body will be trying to adjust here.

SRSAutistic

Due to the strike, my physics labs have been cancelled and there will be no group final exam. My individual final exam will be online.

My physics lecture final exam will be on Friday 9th December from 13:30 to 17:30 (1:30pm to 5:30pm), and my programming final exam will be on Thursday 8th December from 10:00 to 14:00 (10:00am to 2:00pm).

Last edited:

SRSAutistic

Also, I will not have physics lecture class on Monday 28th November and Wednesday 30th November. My physics professor is travelling to Boston for a conference. He will be back on Thursday, and I will have in-person lecture class on Friday 2nd December.

SRSAutistic

Due to multiple instances of students getting COVID-19 and other illnesses, my programming final exam will be online through Zoom on Thursday 8th December from 09:50 to 13:15 (9:50am to 1:15pm). My physics lecture final exam will still be on Friday 9th December from 13:30 to 17:30 (1:30pm to 5:30pm).

New Threads

Top Bottom