• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My final post - a fond farewell.

Bella Pines

V.I.P Member
Hi all,

I'd like to say a proper goodbye and if anyone looks me up, I'd like you to know that I didn't succumb to depression or die!

This is my final post before I log off for the last time.

I've lasted longer than I ever thought I would. In the real world people start reaching for their pitch forks and torches and come after me fairly quickly. If I last an extended period, I usually have air cover, so if there is anyone out there that has helped me, then thank you.

But my time is up now. There has been several complaints about me, about my observations of NTs. I've been reported by several members as spreading hatred, which I can assure you was not my intention at all. I've been encouraged to leave and I've decided to take the advice. I start a new senior exec city job in January and on top of that, still want to become and author and neuroscientist, so this is probably fate telling me to log off and focus on life for a while.

All I ever wanted was to help other aspies appreciate their talents and tolerate the world. I firmly believe in the forum and since we are in the minority I think this is an essential release and knowledge repository. If I'm not helping, then it's best that I leave. I've followed some of my favourite people in the world, so may check back in a year or so to make sure everyone is still surviving!

So long and thanks for all the karma!

xx Bella.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors! It’s been a pleasure having you here.

Sad to see you go Bella, I'll miss you on here. I've enjoyed conversing with you. I hope the new job goes well and you fulfil your ambitions :)

Wish you all the best Bella, I've had this hope for some time now that eventually we would become friends, here. Admire your straight-forwardness, your honesty and your intellect. Even if we had a little argument at the beginning. Looked forward to your posts on any day. I'm sorry that your leaving. XX:confused:

@Bella Pines

I’m very sorry to read this, you will be missed here. It’s such a shame that some people can be so intolerant of alternative views and differing opinions, and don’t have the ability to ignore and move on if they don’t like what they read.

I also appreciated your intellect, straight talking and no nonsense approach. I don’t remember reading anything remotely that would resemble “spreading hatred” from you.

Good luck in your future endeavours, and it sounds like you have a very bright and positive future ahead of you.

I'll miss you Bella. I've always found your posts enjoyable to read, regardless if I agreed or not. I'm pretty surprised that some people here are unable to deal with differing viewpoints and opinions without resorting to the Report button or labelling you as "hateful" without any evidence. It seems it speaks much more about them than it ever did you.

I'm also sorry to see you leave. Hope you do come back when you're ready and I wish you well in all your endeavors.

Bad news. And I am stupified at how someone could complain. Yours were the very best of posts here. Sound and thoughtful advice grounded in realism. I really think the forum screwed up with this one. It is less for your leaving.

If you were pushed away, this is not the place I thought it was.

How I feel right now

39c4ca96773bf68d1b450e5a2d98f0a5.jpg

Agree with all of the above comments and am also sad to see you go. I don't recall ever feeling you were spreading hate against NTs and I'm an NT. Differences of viewpoints perhaps but that's what makes the world go round. Hope you find success in all your future endeavors.

New Threads

Top Bottom