• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My fan all of a sudden stopped working!

Ephraim Becker

V.I.P Member
My fan in my room was working fine before. A few hours ago, my wifi was temporarily down. When my wifi finally started working again, I unsuccessfully tried reconnecting the Wemo mini outlet back to wifi. I've been plugging and unplugging the Wemo mini outlet a lot of times and then all of a sudden, the fan stopped turning on. More specifically, when I pressed the on button on the fan, it made the usual beep and I saw the blades in the fan start turning and then a second later, the fan powered off. I even tried plugging the fan into other outlets but the same thing happens. I know it's nothing wrong with the outlets, because everything else works with the outlets. I don't know what to do. I'm very stressed out now.

A fuse probably "blew" in your fan from electrical overload that possibly has to do with the plug getting repetitively put in then out.

But when I press the power button, the fan starts blowing for a second and then powers off.

It might be one of those household fans which has an internal fuse that has blown. But generally such appliances are made to simply replace in whole in the event of such a malfunction.

Likely not what you want to hear, but it's just a sign of the times. An era long after every town once had a local "fix-it" man, or those tv tube testing machines that occupied a spot in most major grocery stores.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom