• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My drive home from work...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
A nine hour work day in a very hot industrial shop, just wanted to get home

Obstacle #1

My usual left hand turn to head home was blocked off by road construction, at rush hour? They were actually working at rush hour! Brutal!

Obstacle #2

The only way around is a fairly long option, where yet more construction was going on, at least I got by but it was slow moving traffic...

Obstacle #3

My next optional road home, also completely blocked by road construction! By now I'm getting very frustrated and angry, another fairly long detour to get around that one

Pudding on the "cake"

Last traffic light to head home, when cars turn left at the light, locals know that the best way to get through is to move over to the right lane because you might not make it straight through the light, which in the process does block the people turning right... I usually pull up enough to allow vehicles behind to turn behind me... The guy behind me was gesturing at me, I could see it, I hate to admit but I blew my horn a couple of times, and tried to indicate to him that he should be able to still turn right, he didn't get the hint... I probably shouldn't have blown my horn, could have made him even more angry, I was angry myself the entire drive home, note: I didn't break any traffic rules at any point in time

One of those bad days... o_O Plus long work hours on hot days this week, and we have to work the holiday Monday, no long weekend for me... :(

So sorry. Construction can be slow going. So many people don't have jobs, l am thankful l can work, and l can drive home afterwards.

Ugh, Sherlock. I would have been cringing so bad. Glad you did finally make it home.
I remember driving home once from the beach and the entrance ramp I wanted on was blocked due to an accident with no detour signs so I got lost. Ended up who knows where. My google map wasn't working so I bought a paper map (I love paper maps anyway), but I could never find where I was - must not have been in the area I thought I might be. Anyway, finally came across another familiar number road and, soon there was another accident making everyone go another direction and I got lost again. And this actually happened once more. What should have taken 3 1/2 hours to get home, took 8 and I was so frazzled. Even when I got to where I knew I was - another detour from another accident and it took me way out of the way (but I wasn't lost that time - not really). Until I pulled into my driveway I was not taking for granted that I could relax and make it home now.

Oh - I refused to go back to that beach ever again. lol

New Threads

Top Bottom