• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My delusional phenomena

Oz67

That delusional phenomena that I experienced looks very similar to Fregoli Syndrome, but it's not Fregoli Syndrome, I don't know how to accurately call it, it wasn't prosecutory in nature.

When I had severe communication delays, I believed that no one has facial expressions and thought that everyone was was the same, but it wasn't prosecutory in nature as I explained above, and it wasn't about disguise.

You mistook one person for another?
Had difficulty telling people apart?
Or what?

I remembered getting very panicky when heavily botoxed woman were sorta angry about a dining room experience and their angry words weren't matching their face. Plus l couldn't tell them apart due to perfectly matched botox shots and similar clothes. I thought l was in a twilight zone. I actually walked away pretty shaken up and complained about it to my supervisor who was NT and probably thought it was hilarious. I needed the angry words to match some type of facial cue and there was nothing.

I hypothesize that you have a degree of face blindness and simply learned in your own little "tells" to differentiate between individuals.

It could also be that as a young child your anxiety created a sort self protective face blindness. But as you learned more coping skills in your teens you were able to drop some of your self protective delusions.

I hypothesize that you have a degree of face blindness and simply learned in your own little "tells" to differentiate between individuals.

It could also be that as a young child your anxiety created a sort self protective face blindness. But as you learned more coping skills in your teens you were able to drop some of your self protective delusions.

I always had that since birth.

@OrenFranz

Faceblindness is fairly common amongst all people in various degrees. It is a neurological miswiring. Delusions, however, are a form of mental illness. You are not mentally ill!

I hope you can drop the word "delusion" concerning this topic because you are not mentally ill and other people can be cruel and think you are mentally ill simply because you describe your self as "delusional".

@OrenFranz

Faceblindness is fairly common amongst all people in various degrees. It is a neurological miswiring. Delusions, however, are a form of mental illness. You are not mentally ill!

I hope you can drop the word "delusion" concerning this topic because you are not mentally ill and other people can be cruel and think you are metally ill simply because you describe your self as "delusional".

Delusional Misidentification Syndrome can be explained by neurological disorders as well. I have Bipolar 1 Disorder that is co-morbid with ADHD and ASD.

I can share other delusions I had in the past before and after severe psychological highs and lows.

The way I experienced profound Prosopagnosia from my childhood, is that when I saw everyone's faces, it looks like dark web mask, and thought and misidentified my family with other people, because I thought that everyone was the same to me. It was a very unpleasant experience.

Munchausen's syndrome is a psychological disorder that interests me. Also, Standhal Syndrome, I think I might experience that when I brush my teeth.

The way I experienced profound Prosopagnosia from my childhood, is that when I saw everyone's faces, it looks like dark web mask, and thought and misidentified my family with other people, because I thought that everyone was the same to me. It was a very unpleasant experience.

It's good that you can talk about this. I deal with someone that has bipolar. It's been a long path. Their illness definitely caused us severe bumps in our path. Yet we are still working it out. Hope that you have a support system too.

It's good that you can talk about this. I deal with someone that has bipolar. It's been a long path. Their illness definitely caused us severe bumps in our path. Yet we are still working it out. Hope that you have a support system too.

Thank you!

The way I had Freguli-like expirences from my early childhood, is when I had profound symptoms of Prosopagnosia, when I saw everyone's faces, it looks like dark web mask, thought, and misidentified my family with others, because I thought that they are all the same.

I was aware that that I had severe developmental problems and was self-aware of Fregoli-like expirences throughout my childhood.

I knew that my beliefs were false, but my belief was still fixed, and sometimes misidentified my family with others, but I kept it to myself, because I knew that I would come off as strange.

I have been wondering. If it wasn't a delusion, I don't know what else to call it, because what I had is similar to Fregoli-like experiences.

I did have a little bit of anosognosia, but not to severe extent.

New Threads

Top Bottom