• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My daughter is stalking Kira Kosarin... HELP!!!

Babydoll98

My 18yo Aspie daughter is obsessed with a show on Disney called The Thundermans, and she became infatuated with the character of Phoebe. She looks at Phoebe all day on her iPad, browses the Thundermans Wiki for hours, pretends she's Phoebe, watches the show (especially clips with Phoebe in it) for hours on end, and even dreams of Phoebe.

She recently took the obsession a bit too far. She is now interested in the actress who portrays Phoebe in the show, Kira Kosarin. She constantly tweets her, mostly about the Phoebe character, getting replies here and there. She has asked Kira Kosarin for her address so she can send fan mail!!! I don't want my daughter stalking a person she doesn't know!!!

Also, in her bed, she hugs herself and thinks of Phoebe. I'm concerned of her becoming a lesbian, and I hope this Phoebe phase doesn't escalate even more.

Um... if your daughter is a lesbian that's not something she can change, but that's neither here nor there.

Have you spoken to her counselor about this?

Are you in the US or not? In the US, 18 is the age of majority and her counselors won't keep you in the loop without her consent. That is, unless you are her court-appointed, legal guardian. (That is my status with my infantile, 22yo daughter.)

My 29yo son (mental age = 6-10yo) does not have a legal guardian.

People become interested in both males and females at different times in their lives. Her interests are her interests, next week in might be something else, they change regularly at that age.

As her Mother you can't control everything in her life, she's eighteen, and it sounds as if she needs some space to develop independence and boundaries. Concerning yourself with your daughter's sexuality should not be your focus.

Did you have to create 2 threads on the same issue on the same day?

And since you listed a bunch of other characters your daughter has been obsessed with in the past, I'm sure it's just her personality. I see no reason to believe she won't get over it and move on to something else in the way you imply she has many times before.

And I'm pretty sure this also won't make her "become" a lesbian... or bisexual. Just like members here didn't become aspies or autistic.

New Threads

Top Bottom