1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My brother died

Discussion in 'Friends, Family & Social Skills' started by Moonhart44, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Moonhart44

Moonhart44 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

In truth, I hated him. He was not safe. the more he unrravelled, the more secrets he exposed, and the more terrifying he became. But either way, it's not fair is all I can think. He never had a chance in this world. He was legally deaf, had hirschsprung's disease, extremely severly bipolar to the point where me and my mom wondered whether his multiple concussions from football caused any problems. He jumped off a four story building. the building was a psych ward.

• Friendly Friendly x 19
  2. Kirsty

Kirsty ND

Will you be going to the funeral?

3. Sarah S

Sarah S Well-Known Member

Please accept my deepest condolences. The problem with being suicidal is (im severely suicidal btw Moderate Bipolar so belive me i know how deep you can fall in this) if we by whatever reason someday sink to far in this big dark deep pit. We will find a way to get it done (if we succeed or not thats another storry) So even as youre brother was in a psych ward im sad to say as been proven here he was still able to take this drastic WRONG desition :(

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Magna

Magna Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Hopefully with time there will be some things you can remember about him that can bring you good memories.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AprilR

AprilR Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Moonhart44

Yes. I am going to have to fly to my home state. it is interesting asd based experience in that i am having a disconnection with my emotions but at the same time crying.i hate that my real emotions are delayed, and yes i have been crying, but i am afraid of the other ramifications that sill eventually show their heads.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Moonhart44

Yeh. I feel stressed because there were so many things that could prevent this but at the same time, it was an eventuality. I couldnt even talk to him because he was in an extremely manic episode for months. its devestating how there are people who slip through the cracks of society. i think, what if he didnt kill himself? he would still be miserable because he never fit in :c

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. VAW

VAW Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear your brother has passed! Please accept my deepest condolences. I have had a few family member pass away these last few years and whether you loved them or couldn't get along with them it is still hard. He is at peace now, we are the ones left with the memories in our heads. Time heals but not forgotten!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Moonhart44

thank you. I feel like how my father felt (i believe) when his sister died. I remember as a kid hearing from my dads mouth "i hate her" and he never spoke like that. but when we watched her die, he collapsed. i never seen him cry or hug me. thank you

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Alexej

Alexej Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Firstly sorry to hear of your loss - it is never easy to hear this kind of news.
    Secondly I can sympathise about the delay in emotions. I had a period of 10 years where I did not cry, which ended at my Grandfather's funeral.
    Also be kind to yourself

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thinx

Thinx Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I am very sorry to hear that your brother has died, and also about how difficult his life was, and how that affected you and others too. It must be very challenging to cope with this. Can you say any more about what you are worried will happen? Is it that you will get really low yourself? Do you have any ways to get support if so?

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Ursus Chainus

Ursus Chainus Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I am so sorry.

I have been through something similar but not with a sibling. It is a very difficult mix of feelings to process. Especially when I have felt guilt for difficult feelings towards someone who then died. Of course I will do Tonglen for you!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Pats

Pats Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I am so sorry. Take good care of yourself.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sherlock77

Sherlock77 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Sorry for your loss... A tough thing to deal with under the circumstances... And travel safe

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Barymore

Barymore nevertheless, she persisted V.I.P Member

My condolences also, try and look after yourself and know there are many of us thinking of you at this time!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. WildCat

WildCat V.I.P Member

Sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself the best you can in these trying times.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

It's amazing the love-hate relationship we have with family members. Maybe he loved you but had no healthy way to express it. His limitations severely handicapped him. Maybe now he feels peaceful. Maybe you can feel some compassion and understanding as you move thru your lifetime. So sorry.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  18. VictorR

VictorR Random Member V.I.P Member

My condolences to you and others who knew your brother. I hope you can get help if you need that, and that when the time comes, that you may find peace.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. halfasped

halfasped Member

I am sorry you've lost your brother. Hoping moments of strength and peace embrace you and your mother.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Giraffes

Giraffes Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I am very sorry for your loss and i understand about delayed emotions/reactions when my bother died it was four years and the death of a family pet that triggered bereavement, be kind to yourself and your responses, and am thinking of you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1