• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My ASD is getting worse...?!

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I need help. Since last Friday or so, my senses, my feelings, my emotions...they're all becoming stronger, or SOMETHING, and not in a good way at all.

Even coping with the simplest, most mundane things, like the sound of a microwave, someone in the shower, mild, irritant migraines/headaches I used to just be able to ignore....now, all those things feel like drills inside my skull. I'm not hallucinating but I'm beginning to...I don't know..."forcibly imagine" things, if that makes any sense. It depends on what I'm dealing with at the moment, and it's really hard to explain.

It's like...my mind, my body, they can't live with themselves. Am I developing a new mental illness I haven't had before, like schizophrenia/affectiveness? Is that even possible?! Like, example of all this, Nala, our cat, will NOT stop meowing because my sister keeps shushing her and it's making her meow even more, all while Maddog is trying to sleep, the guys in the room next to us will NOT stop banging...something....against the walls, and front desk is all but oblivious...

HELP ME

l feel some days it's like we are more on then off. Sometimes l do better if l am tired then l miss all the loudness around me. l just don't concentrate on it. You could have a hormone rush if you are a teenager. Those were intense and it quieted down by early 20's.

You may be stressed or slightly burnt out. Plus some sensory overload can make it easier to be overloaded and it can be a bit of a cycle. Try seeing if resting helps or counteract it with pleasant stimuli.

You mentioning the people in the next room & front desk: are you in a hotel? If so, this is pretty tough for some aspies because of the transition & change aspect. My last hotel trip was great--showed up super late at night, got a Yuengling Black & Tan, lugged my steamer-trunk up to the room & got a nice hot bath and a cold beer & changed into my pyjamas & went to sleep.

But anyway that is literally the ONLY time I ever had a hotel trip go OK, and I think it's because clothing, baths, and a drink are a sort of stim behavior for me.

Now in your case: could you hold the kitty? Cats can be nice as far as calming you down. Or maybe you could try whatever of your most relaxing stim behaviors is helping you the most. Don't forget your earplugs next time. And if you must, maybe try blue-light blocking glasses. I don't go anywhere without them; it actually helps with environmental sensory distress in a lot more ways than just seeing.

One thing: We go up & down, function-wise. Now you think you are developing a terrible disorder. It's just autism doing its thing. I bet when you can make it to a less stressful state of mind (or better yet a lot less stressful location) you will be back to your old self in just a couple days or a week.

Until then we are all here for you! Hope you can get some rest!

For me it's awful since Saturday, I have terrible anxiety and don't enjoy anything. It all started when I hurt my father without intension on saturday morning.

Yes I am in a hotel actually.

Hang on a sec the voices in my head are having a dispute

No. I lost the battle.

Maddog....you'll never believe this: HE SPIED ON ME. He waited till I was done with the computer, logged into MY account and read everything I posted!

I thought I was safe i thought this was my sanctuary...now my own family is invading MY PRIVACY?! I KNOW my rights in this nation and one of them is privacy.

Now i can never trust him or either of my parents again. They have burned that bridge with me, both of them, mom AND Maddog.

Where the hell are my black candles and glass jar I got from dollar tree?! Its time I took matters into my own hands...

No. I lost the battle.

Maddog....you'll never believe this: HE SPIED ON ME. He waited till I was done with the computer, logged into MY account and read everything I posted!

I thought I was safe i thought this was my sanctuary...now my own family is invading MY PRIVACY?! I KNOW my rights in this nation and one of them is privacy.

Now i can never trust him or either of my parents again. They have burned that bridge with me, both of them, mom AND Maddog.

Where the hell are my black candles and glass jar I got from dollar tree?! Its time I took matters into my own hands...
Dark magic? Are you going to inscribe the candles?

I recently have been watching Zolita's magic videos. She is one of my top favorite lesbian singers.

Warning: religious stuff

Every now and then my senses become so overloaded I have FULL ON MELTDOWNS.

My last melt down had me waking up 40km away on my bike. I remember bits of the ride, like getting yelled at for crossing an intersection without stopping for a red light.

Had to get my missus to come and pick me up. Took me to the doctors and they gave me some seriously nice sedatives.

If I feel like the overwhelmingness of it all is becoming too much I take a day off and go hiking or kayaking by myself, far away from anyone and all the responsibilities of life.

I have a favourite spot or two I know will be free from people and noise. The pic of my avatar is one of them.

My last melt down had me waking up 40km away on my bike. I remember bits of the ride, like getting yelled at for crossing an intersection without stopping for a red light.
Don't go to that long rides if you have meltdowns. My meltdowns look pretty neurotypical because they are reaction to some very stressful event, so no one noticed they are autistic.

New Threads

Top Bottom