• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My "ASD in school" research

Do you agree with results?

• Completely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Mostly no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Completely no

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Dadamen

As a self-diagnosed aspie going to high school I've opened the topics about your best/worst school subject. Now it's time to analyze results. Numbers that I'll write are positive votes minus negative votes.

Biology: +5 (9 good, 4 bad)
Geography: +5 (9 good, 4 bad)
Physics: +3 (9 good, 6 bad)
History: +2 (9 good, 7 bad)
Art/Music: +1 (6 good, 5 bad)
Chemistery: -1 (4 good, 5 bad)
Your languege/literature (3 good, 7 bad)
Maths: -6 (12 good, 18 bad)
Foreigin langueges: -10 (2 good, 12 bad)
P.E. -25 (0 good, 25 bad)

Looks like biology and geography are the favourite, or least problematic subjects for someone with ASD. I also like both. History has positive score, but it is a nightmare for me. Maybe just because of teacher. Chemistery is just slightly negative, but I like it much. Langueges and literautre are mostly negative and I also don't like them. Maths has many both good and bad votes. Looks like people with ASD either are good at it and like it or struggle with it a lot. I'm the one good at it. P.E. is a nightmare for everyone including me.

Do your preferences agree with my results? Sorry for spelling errors, as I said I don't like langueges and English is not my native.

Hi; Maybe it’s me but I want to understand. What exactly is the question?

I’m confused as to what your asking and cannot figure out the graph to the question box.

Are you wanting to know what is an Aspergers better picks at what they are good at? Our view on what your scores are? I have to add I cannot figure out how the scores were made to be read.

Will hope others will precipitate and I can figure it out - want to help :)

Hi; Maybe it’s me but I want to understand. What exactly is the question?

I’m confused as to what your asking and cannot figure out the graph to the question box.

Are you wanting to know what is an Aspergers better picks at what they are good at? Our view on what your scores are? I have to add I cannot figure out how the scores were made to be read.

Will hope others will precipitate and I can figure it out - want to help :)
I already had "best subject" and "worst subject" topics and now I'm analyzing the votes from these topics. Here are the links:

The best school subject

The worst school subject

Thank you. Did look at the links, went back and looked at the scores. Nope, nothing. This happened in school my whole life and use to leave me in tears literally. Sometimes I did good to get my name on the paper so no not you and please don’t think it is. Your english is just fine, so is your spelling I didn’t have any prob reading what you wrote.

This is embarrassing to say, but I do believe without pictures or some kind of visual I’d just better move on but will be interested to see what all you get. Some things really were impossible to get through my skull and reckon this can be added to the list. Again, thank you so much for your time ((hug)). :)

I am not sure what these data mean. How do they deviate from a control group? I don't think your population is statistically significant (big enough) and it is a self selecting group (people in this forum), so I don't think any conclusions can be drawn.

From what I understand, you're presenting the results of your two poll threads, the first one about which is your favourite subject(s) and the second about which is your worst subject(s).

Complicated, because multiple voting was allowed. Also, "favourite school subject" can mean different things to different people - some might vote for the subject they were (are) best at, others which they enjoy(ed) more. These are not the same thing.

I can neither agree nor disagree with the results - they are facts and not opinions to agree or diasagree with. I can say, however, that the results don't particularly surprise me - a general preference for the sciences, a dislike of PE (physical education), maths split down the middle. Slightly surprised that foreign languages got so many downvotes as I've come across many on the spectrum who are good at foreign languages and I think that there are probably quite a few around in the field of linguistics.

Slightly surprised that foreign languages
I struggle with them, so can agree with it. In high school I had to move to beginner german (the group that haven't learned in primary school) although I had learned it for 5 years.

New Threads

Top Bottom