• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My 3DS Broke!

GrownupGirl

Tempermental Artist
Today my 3DS just stopped working for no obvious reason and I have no clue why, although I did discover some damage to it. I guess I just dropped it one too many times.

I'm really unhappy because I was going to make a New Year's Video of Animal Crossing: New Leaf tomorrow for my YouTube channel. It was going to be so cool.:(

I have a 2DS, but I can't get it to connect to the internet for some strange reason. I can't figure out how, I tried everything except the stuff I was afraid to try because I'll erase or wreck things even more. And *I need* to connect so I can update AC NL and everything else.
I wonder if there's a store around here that could help me get internet connection on the 2DS. Best Buy, maybe? Can the Nintendo Switch play 3DS games?

Unfortunately the Switch can not play 3DS games, only Switch games.

I'm sorry to hear that; I'd be devastated if my 3DS broke, and mine's an Original one to boot (it's the pink one! :) ).

The Nintendo website sells Refurbished 3DS systems as well, if you don't mind buying a used one. Do note that they only accept Credit Card as a payment option :(

Nintendo 3DS | 2DS

You could also try EB Games

Nintendo 3DS Console - EB Games Refurbished (Colour May Vary)

I'd be careful buying from Gamestop/EBGames (effectively the same company, since Gamestop ate EB quite a long while ago).

They've gotten shady to the point where it's almost ridiculous. The number of atrocities they've pulled at this point is crazy. I worked for them awhile ago... like 10 years ago. And even back then, they were bad. They wanted us to do some... not-good things, all in the pursuit of pleasing the stupid shareholders. Lots of stuff that I refused. I particularly recall the shrink-wrap machine. Not the shadiest bit, but.... note that just because a "new" game is referred to as being unopened, doesnt actually mean it IS unopened.

In other words... dont trust them one bit. If you need to replace your 3DS, look in absolutely any other conceivable place first. I promise you, they WILL sell you damaged crap without a second thought, so long as it doesnt LOOK damaged. "Refurbished" 100% does not mean they REALLY went through the proper process. It just means they put that label on it.

Yes, they are THAT bad. They really pull that kind of crap. With increasing frequency now, as their business is collapsing and they absolutely know it.

Thank you for your advice. I think I will just find a new 3DS to replace the old one. But I can't right now, they're still kind of expensive. There's a store downtown where I live that sells second-hand games and consoles, maybe I will try there. It's where I got my Wii a few years ago.:)

Is it possible to send the 3DS to Nintendo so they can repair it? I thought they had some kind of service like that, could be wrong though.

New Threads

Top Bottom