• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music Boxes

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Now go away!*
V.I.P Member
I couldn’t figure out where to put this but one of my special interests are music boxes. I prefer the mechanical ones over electronic as the electronic ones I find to be too screechy and annoying to listen to. I’ve been collecting them since I was four and have well over 100 of them with only two being identical. I also have some porcelain limited edition dolls that also have music boxes in them and some are unusual. I have some pretty rare songs in my collection as well. Some of my rarest songs are Laughter in the Rain, Happy Holidays, Melody Fair, Because of You, On the Good Ship Lollipop, 9 to 5, Pocket Full of Miracles, Love Me With All Your Heart, I’ve Never Been to Me (labeled under the Japanese version’s name Love is All), Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus, Little Town of Bethlehem, a rare version of If I Were a Rich Man, a rare version of Thank Heaven for Little Girls, a French song called Domino, La Vie En Rose in an unusual winder set up, Putting on the Ritz, I Can’t Stop Loving You, a 2 song movement of Sunrise, Sunset and Love Story (typically Love Story is paired with Lara's Theme), Touch Me in the Morning, Summertime, Summer Wind, Vivaldi’s Winter, I Want You I Need You I Love You, I Want to Hold Your Hand, and We Are the World. I have songs for every letter of the alphabet except for X which seems to have none. Z only has Zip A Dee Doo Dah and K, Q, and V have a couple of songs each. In my musical doll collection, I have a frog, two pigs, two cows, two lambs, and a duck! Most people find it hilarious that I actually found a porcelain musical duck doll.

I have a music box on my nightstand!! I found it when we were going through my grandparents’ things.
I have no idea what song it plays tho :/ Something classical. Probably something religious. But I can’t name it!

I have a music box on my nightstand!! I found it when we were going through my grandparents’ things.
I have no idea what song it plays tho :/ Something classical. Probably something religious. But I can’t name it!
What does it look like? Sometimes music boxes give hints to the song with how they look.

Maybe Love Story? A lot of heart shaped music boxes tend to play that song. Or could be the Anniversary Waltz if it’s from a wedding anniversary.

Thank you!! I will look those up and see if that’s what it is!
Note there are two songs that are called Anniversary Waltz. One is also called Danube Waves or Anniversary Song and the other is just the Anniversary Waltz bu5 both songs are different.

It’s not any of those… but my dog watched me open the music box and now knows how to open it. Lol
Here’s a picture of it.
A5B92366-CDB8-4B60-92A6-7024BE7E814C.jpeg

I probably could tell you the name of the song if there was a way for me to hear it. I’m pretty good at identifying music box tunes.

I probably could tell you the name of the song if there was a way for me to hear it. I’m pretty good at identifying music box tunes.
I’ll try to figure out how to upload an audio recording or a video… not sure how to do that but I don’t feel comfortable having a YouTube account.

Well I’ve just found out that this absolutely gorgeous musical porcelain mask I bought from my local Goodwill a couple weeks ago for $8 is selling on Etsy for $80. I figured it was worth more than I paid when I started to do some research on the artists who made it. Some are selling for over $100! The mask is probably one of the most beautiful music boxes I have in my collection.

@Captain Jigglypuff
I uploaded a video of my music box. I still don’t know what song this is.
The other one plays Silent Night and it is my favorite.
Sorry about my dogs whining in the background! Lol

New Threads

Top Bottom