• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music at Midnight

StevieRhi

Do you ever relax by listening to music late at night, by yourself? How does it make you feel? What are your favorite songs that make you feel calm and happy? Listening to anything right now?

Here's what I'm listening to. There's a cut off at the end, though! :(

I think music is better late at night because everyone else is asleep so there are fewer distractions and more quiet. And because there are also fewer (or no) obligations, you can slow down and take the time to enjoy it more.

Do you ever relax by listening to music late at night, by yourself? How does it make you feel? What are your favorite songs that make you feel calm and happy? Listening to anything right now?

I love smooth vocals & sax... I also like to use fireplace on netflix with a rainstorm from spotify... Song I try to sing when no one is listening is basia 'time n tide'

I love smooth vocals & sax... I also like to use fireplace on netflix with a rainstorm from spotify... Song I try to sing when no one is listening is basia 'time n tide'

I'm listening to it right now, and her voice is amazing! Got any smooth vocal/sax songs you could recommend me?

If listen closely to basia, you can hear her Scottish accent. I'll go through my list tomorrow for you. You on spotify?

Great story... 3 jamaican horn players were hired and waiting I'm studio for unknown artist... in walks a man who appeared to be an English farmer....he started playing and blew them away... it was phil collins!

By the way, what you're listening to is very calming and vintage, here's another one:

This is what I'm listening to now:

I've listened to music to help me fall asleep for decades now. It gives me something to focus on while I'm trying to fall asleep. Otherwise it takes me forever and ever. I've found that if something is too mellow it doesn't hold my attention enough to work. It needs a certain amount of "bite" to work. Right now I'm listening to Linda Davis's version of Years After You!! One of my favourites, no matter my mood!!

How do you listen to music and read at the same time?? :confused:

Very easily! Been doing it for decades. It helps with emotional regulation, and so many other things! Of course, most of it is so familiar by now that I can listen and only partially pay attention. :cool:. It's trying to listen to an audiobook and read a print book at the same time that's hard! Though not impossible. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom