• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Multiple intelligences test

Dadamen

Do the test
and write your results.

Here are mine:
Logic/Math 4.43
Nature 4
Self 3.43
Spatial 3.14
Language 2.86
Social 2.57
Body movement 2.29
Musical 1.43
3 means average score, I think these results are very true for me.

My results...

Nature: 4.43
Self: 3.57
Language: 2.71
Musical: 2.29
Body movement:1.86
Social: 1.57
Logic/math:1.29
Spatial:1

Hmm, I suppose it does make sense that of course nature is my top one and I have good self-awareness, but everything else is below average - close to nature and self-aware, but no real talents of any kind.

Nature: 4.71
Language: 3.71
Self: 3.29
Logic/math: 2.86
Body movement: 2.86
Social: 2.86 (those three all had the same result?)
Spatial: 2.71
Musical: 2.51

Spatial 4.43
Musical 4.14
Logic/Maths 3.57
Language 3.29
Self 3.14
Nature 2
Body Movement 1.86
Social 1.57

Hmmm... would have expected nature to be higher: but then all the questions were on relating to fauna, and I’m much more a flora kind of guy. ;)

Spatial 4.29
Body movement 3.86
Musical 3.71
Language 3.57
Self 3.43
Nature 3.43
Social 3.29
Math 1.86

Nature: 2.86
Self: 3.14
Language: 3.29
Musical: 2.29
Body movement: 2.71
Social: 2.43
Logic/math: 3.14
Spatial: 3

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Sure...lmao.

I love music but I would be humiliated to perform the kind of "lessons" they suggest. In fact I remember doing such things in school - I remember them because I was so embarrassed that I don't think I'll ever forget.

I do like to talk with others but only if they have similar interests and my social skills are really not there at all. The idea of interviewing people makes me want to, literally, run away.

I am very good with language (and literature) but my actual lack of social ability means I would be fairly uncomfortable with many of the things they suggest.

They didn't ask nearly enough questions to pin down visual/spatial learning...obviously...because I am 100% a visual learner and can not truly comprehend something if I can't visualize it.

Not good at math...huh. I was doing algebra at age 6 or 7 and I am a machinist by trade (a career that is 100% math + visual spatial)

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Musical: You like the rhythm and sound of language. You like poems, songs, and jingles. You enjoy humming or singing along with music. You probably remember things well when they are associated with music or rhythm. Try to incorporate sounds into your lessons, such as using a familiar tune, song, or rap beat to teach spelling rules, or to remember words in a series for a test. Here are some other ways to use your musical intelligence:

• Create a poem with an emphasis on certain sounds for pronunciation.

• Clap out or walk out the sounds of syllables.

• Read together (choral reading) to work on fluency and intonation.

• Read a story with great emotion — sad, then happy, then angry. Talk about what changes — is it only tone?

• Work with words that sound like what they mean (onomatopoeia). For example: sizzle, cuckoo, smash.

• Read lyrics to music.

• Use music as background while reviewing and for helping to remember new material.

• Use rhymes to remember spelling rules, i.e., "I before E except after C."
Social: You like to develop ideas and learn from other people. You like to talk. You have good social skills. Effective techniques of enhancing your learning using your social intelligence include taking part in group discussions or discussing a topic one-to-one with another person. Find ways to build reading and writing exercises into your group activities, such as:

• Reading a dialogue or a play with other people

• Doing team learning/investigating projects

• Setting up interview questions and interviewing your family, and writing down the interview

• Writing notes to another instead of talking.
Language: You enjoy enjoy saying, hearing, and seeing words. You like telling stories. You are motivated by books, records, dramas, opportunities for writing. Effective techniques of enhancing your learning using your language intelligence include reading aloud, especially plays and poetry. Another idea is to write down reflections on what you've read. You may also enjoy exploring and developing your love of words, i.e., meanings of words, origin of words and idioms, names. Use different kinds of dictionaries. Other ideas:

• Keep a journal

• Use a tape recorder to tape stories and write them down

• Read together, i.e., choral reading

• Read a section, then explain what you've read

• Read a piece with different emotional tones or viewpoints — one angry, one happy, etc.

• Trade tall tales, attend story-telling events and workshops

• Research your name
The scores for your other five intelligences:

icon-nature.gif
icon-spatial.gif
icon-body.gif
icon-self.gif
icon-math.gif

3.29 3.14 2.86 2.86 2.71

New Threads

Top Bottom