• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Much-Needed Media That Came Out Too Early

Riley

Know any movies/television/cartoon shows that came out in the 80's-90's that are desperately needed in today's crazy world? Share them here!

Me first:
  • Today's society paints anyone with disfigurement and/or a tragic past as 'innocent' and 'do-no-wrong', virtually. But what happens when someone with such traits is a scumbag who seeks to use them to their advantage? 1992's Batman Returns played with the idea BEAUTIFULLY.
  • 1986's Labyrinth had a perfectly phrased message about growing up: "When you grow up, you must put away childish things. BUT that does not mean you have to give them up completely."

Static Shock was a very thought provoking kids show that I think would have been good today as well.

Here's a review of the show:

Don't say that around Cartoon Network. Those guys will mock you mercilessly.

The Legend of Billy Jean
I loved this movie at twelve years old, and still do.
TV Trailer
A Review

I'd like to see GI Joe be brought back. Some people might object to it on the basis of COBRA being a 'terrorist' organization and the fact we're still at risk for terror attacks today.
However, there's two things to take into account:

1. How many kids are going to compare an organization of snake people led by a lanky version of Colossus from X-Men, a helmet wearing coward with the voice of Starscream from Transformers G1 and a Caucasian woman with an unidentified accent to legitimate terrorists like Al-Qaeda and ISIS?

2. If it worries people that much, just don't refer to COBRA as terrorists. Heck, the second GI Joe cartoon opening just referred to them as "an evil organization bent on world conquest". Problem solved.

Considering we live in an era where people are trying to censor everything and a good number of children's cartoons seem to show everything in multiple shades of gray, I think we need a bit of heroes vs. villains with a simple black/white mentality rather than multiple shades of gray.

New Threads

Top Bottom