• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mr. Robot

IContainMultitudes

V.I.P Member
Anyone else here watch the show Mr. Robot? I watched the first episode last night and found it enjoyable. The main character (who isn't the "Mr. Robot" of the title) definitely has aspie-like traits (the show never directly says that he's on the spectrum), but he is kind of the typical "aspie superhero" that a character on the spectrum usually has to be to be the protagonist of a show or movie (for instance, he doesn't seem to have nearly the same difficulties at a high-powered corporate job that most people on the spectrum probably would). It's a bit like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with a sort of male Lisbeth Salander, not entirely surprising since the director of the original Swedish The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie directed the pilot for Mr. Robot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Robot_(TV_series)

Last edited:
I watched it a while ago, but I'm not sure I'll watch a second season.

I found the pace to be too slow for my liking, making it drag on and on too much.

Me! Me! Me! I just started watching S1 last week, totally binged on it and now I am finished and eagerly awaiting S2...

I unfortunately don't know anyone else who watches it, so have had no one to talk about it with. Considering how much I like it, I hate having to keep it all in my head. I'm also a huge fan of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and cyber/hacker films in general.

New Threads

Top Bottom