• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mozart & the Whale.

Roy pryer

Being a new member this has probably been discussed before but has anybody seen the film or read the book "Mozart & the Whale" about aspergers. Is it worth getting on DVD.

I have not seen it, but this is the trailer.
It looks rather stereotypical.

On the other hand, I enjoyed Rainman and
some people put that down as stereotypical.

Each to his own I suppose. I've seen both.

I rather liked "Mozart and the Whale". A story loosely based on the relationship of a real-life couple on the spectrum. On the other hand, "Rain Man" was based on actual savant Kim Peek, who didn't even have Autism Spectrum Disorder.

I also liked "Snow Cake", a fictional story about an autistic woman portrayed by Sigourney Weaver.

Mozart and The Whale was good. I liked RainMan. Snow Cake was really good. Adam was good too.

My favorite was Snow Cake.

I had never even heard of it till today but have just caught a handful of great reviews on the web. Will buy it from Amazon next week.......& Rainman.

Thank you for bringing it up, I just saw it, very nice movie.
Whales were my special interest when I was in my early twenties too.

I wasn't so keen on it, I watched it recently and it looks very dated now. I really liked 'Adam' though, he was a character I could relate to a lot, and I could identify with him much more than anyone in Mozart and the whale.

Thanks for the 'Snow Cake' recommendation I've never heard of that one, I'll look it up.

I've seen it, I liked the first half of the movie but the second half just felt like a typical romance movie. Plus I really disliked the female lead and felt like her character was more of a borderliner than an Aspie.

New Threads

Top Bottom