1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Moving over from another aspie forum that is shutting down

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Scott_Milk, Dec 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Scott_Milk

Scott_Milk New Member

Hello all,

as the title says, I am moving over from another site that is shutting down at the end of this month. I had just started there only back in august and had actually liked the small community that it was since I started to feel like I knew the people there. but it seems I caught it just as it was dying. it was asperclick.com if you are wondering and if there is anyone else coming over from there, I am Ace from there and still with same avatar so I hope to keep that same feel and sense of community here. anyways, on to actually introducing myself.

I am a young guy who is to smart for his own good. I love the outdoors, math/science, mechanical systems, automotive engineering, off roading, being hands on, music and video entertainment, tech and computers and a lot more. I am going to school as a mechanical engineer, I was that quiet but pretty smart kid in school but have since opened up some more. I was diagnosed with Asperger's some time ago (beginning of high school or end of middle school I think) and before that, ADD (way back in elementary school). I would consider myself more mild form of Asperger's in some aspects (like social blindness) but still have that hyper analytical aspect that some have. I seem to have a pretty good grasp on my life even with the Asperger's and sometimes consider it a gift.

also note: I could care less about proper grammer and spelling, as long as I get the point across and others can understand it. as some of you might notice, I rareley capitolise the first letter in a sentance. I hope that doesn't upset anyone since I have seen some like that on the internet. I started doing this back on the other forum and I find I really prefer to type out exactly as I naturally do without makeing so many corrections (as I found myself taking half my time to do before).

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. LucyPurrs

LucyPurrs NT, INFJ V.I.P Member

Welcome to this forum, you're in a good place. Hope you find it helpful and supportive and make some friends here.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Frostee

Frostee Well-Known Member

Welcome. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. GadAbout

GadAbout Well-Known Member

Hi Scott. People are pretty nice here. Welcome to the site!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

upload_2019-12-8_16-34-4.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. clg114

clg114 Still crazy, after all these years. Staff Member V.I.P Member

Welcome to Autism Forums!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. hippychick

hippychick Member

Welcome, Scott. I'm a newbie too. I hope you find the community you seek here.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Isadoorian

Isadoorian Well Known Chat Member, Welcomer of Newcomers V.I.P Member

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

I've been here for over a year and a half and I can say it's a wonderful place. Everyone's quite friendly and the staff (5 people believe it or not!) do an absolute bang up job at what they do

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Nitro

Nitro Admin/Immoral Turpitude Staff Member Admin V.I.P Member

Hi Scott

welcome to af.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Major Tom

Major Tom Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Welcome to the dentist!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Scott_Milk

Scott_Milk New Member

lol what? I don't like the dentist

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Major Tom

Major Tom Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Haha phone typo! Welcome to the forums!

• Funny Funny x 7
  13. Sherlock77

Sherlock77 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Welcome to the forum! I'm an adult self diagnosis, also a guy who has a passion for vintage cars and special interest cars, not that I own one yet...

14. Scott_Milk

Scott_Milk New Member

lol same, I want an FJ40 but considering I am a broke college student that is going to be some time before that happens.

15. Progster

Progster Gone sideways to the sun V.I.P Member

Hi Scott. I used to be very active on Asperclick a while back (I am Nesf there), but left it a while ago, partly because of the inactivity, partly because of the endless conflict/bickering between a small number of members, and partly because I felt that the focus of the forum had changed from being a support forum like this one, to a platform to support the owner's you-tube channel and live streaming, something that always existed to some extent, but which never particularly interested me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crossbreed

Crossbreed Neur-D Missionary ☝

Hello & welcome.
    Grammar Police
    [​IMG]
    Pull it over, buddy!
    [Dragnet theme playing in the background]​

Looks like we have another e e cummings on our hands.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
  17. George Newman

George Newman Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Welcome to autismforums.com, Scott. I hope you find and participate in making this forum just what is needed. This is home.

18. Sherlock77

Sherlock77 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Or how about a mid-1960's Toyota FJ45 station wagon, a truck I spotted 12 years ago... This one is rare though
    [​IMG]

19. Nervous Rex

Nervous Rex High-functioning autistic V.I.P Member

Welcome! I hope you find this forum as welcoming and useful as I have.

20. Scott_Milk

Scott_Milk New Member

yea that would be pretty cool too. a little to long for my taste considering I want to use it off roading eventually and wheel base is important. ideally, I would want an FJ43 but those are even more rare. only made in south america for a time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1