• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Moving in with a significant other for the first time...

SimplyWandering

Anyone here had experience with this?

super scared and excited at the same time. Biggest problem might be the move and having so much more crap than them.

Don't think about "things", think about fun experiences that replace things stuff. Think about laughter and more good experiences. Good luck!

Maybe get rid of some crap? I only thought of that as a suggestion because you called it crap. :eek:

There will be stress and there will be arguments, but if you two get along well it will probably be a lot of fun too. I moved in together twice with my last boyfriend (with a breakup in between, it was not the best relationship...) and have been living with my current boyfriend for five years now.
If you have a lot of stuff, especially if the new place isn’t big, I’d advice going through your stuff together very critically before the move and assess what can stay and what has to go. Otherwise your new house will be full of clutter, and that can be very stressful. Boyfriend and I didn’t do that for our current move and now we have boxes full of random stuff filling up our shed and second bedroom.

New Threads

Top Bottom