• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies that you would have liked to see been made...

AGXStarseed

Sometimes a film is planned but never reaches the big screen, sometimes an old concept/screenplay is rejected and never makes it to the finished product and sometimes we would like to see a sequel/prequel/interquel/etc. in order to see more regarding something or someone in a film.
In short, there's a lot of films that sadly never get made - some of which do sound interesting and/or entertaining, even if we can't be sure how well they would be.
My question is, is there any films that have never been made - regardless of whether they were planned, were scrapped or are purely your imagination - that you would want to see on the big screen?

I'll start us off with a few (Spoiler Alerts:

1. Batman Beyond (Live Action): (The following is quoted from Screenrant)
"Batman Beyond is a direct sequel to the classic Batman: The Animated Series, taking place around forty years in the future. The show opens on Bruce Wayne’s last night as Batman, where due to a combination of his age and being outnumbered, he’s forced to use a gun to defend himself. After this oath-breaking moment, Bruce hangs up the cowl for good, leaving Gotham without Batman. Twenty years later, a teenager named Terry McGinnis accidentally discovers Bruce’s secret, and after his father is murdered by a powerful businessman, Terry takes over the role with Bruce as his mentor. Here's the original two-parter of the series.
What could have been a short-lived cash grab is now considered an excellent series in its own right and the show holds a special place for those who saw it during its initial run. Warner Bros’ even mulled over a Batman Beyond live-action movie in 2000 when they were deciding how to move forward with the franchise. A script was written and Boaz Yakin (Max) was hired to direct, but it was scrapped in favour of Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins - a decision that’s hard to fault on reflection. But could we still see it on the big screen."
More Information: 15 Things You Never Knew About The Canceled Batman Beyond Movie

2. Godzilla vs. Gamera (2002): Two of Japan's biggest monsters sharing the same screen and duking it out would be a dream come true for many monster movie fans. While most people know that Godzilla is an enormous reptilian monster that can create and manipulate atomic energies in various ways and has appeared in over 30 movies, not many know who Gamera is so I will fill this in. Gamera is a giant turtle monster (genetically engineered by the lost civilization of Atlantis) that stands on two legs, has giant fangs on his lower jaw and can create/manipulate fire in various ways - including breathing it from his mouth and been able to fly by withdrawing his legs (and sometimes his arms) into his shell and blasting fire out of the holes like a rocket. Despite this weirdness, Gamera is a pretty popular monster - with a trilogy of films made about him in the 90's not only been the best of his 12 movie series, but been some of the best monster movies ever made. Here's a tribute to the 90's trilogy:
Sadly, Toho - the owners of Godzilla - declined when Daiei approached them about making a crossover movie in 2002. With that said, Toho - who from 1999 until 2019 has mostly been making Godzilla standalone films - is planning to return to its roots and begin a new 'Cinematic Universe' after Legendary finishes Godzilla vs. Kong (with Toho previously having had a cinematic universe between 1954 and 1975). With this upcoming project by Toho and with Gamera's last official appearance been a short video in 2015 to celebrate its 50th Anniversary, Kaiju fans have speculated and hope that a Godzilla vs. Gamera movie may one day still happen.

3. Martyr (also known as Chronicle 2: Martyr): 2012's Chronicle was a positively-received movie that combined a 'Superhero Origin' story with the found footage genre as three teenage boys encounter a mysterious crystalline life-form underground and, some time after their interaction with it, develop telekinetic powers. With their powers growing stronger with continued use, the boys using their newfound abilities for a variety of reasons including playing pranks, performing 'magic' tricks and even flying. However, one of the boys - who is bullied at school and has a tough life at home with his mother been ill and his father been an abusive alcoholic - begins to show his darker side, which has far reaching consequences for the group.
Trailer:
The script for the sequel - "Martyr" - follows on months after the events of Chronicle, with Matt (the only survivor of the three friends) now moving from place-to-place around the world and saving people while rejecting help from the American Government; who have censored all footage of Andrew's rampage in Seattle which ended with his death. However, trouble is looming in the form of two people and their new, advanced weapon. The first is Miranda Hodgkins - a woman with a genius-level intellect who was once part of a government-run program to find and train those with the best intellects to serve the interests of the US Government, but was dropped after 10 years of advanced studies (which included cybernetics, engineering and mathematical physics) when she was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia. The second is Jack Fisk - an ex-convict and a man out for revenge after his brother Terrance (a helicopter pilot) was killed during Andrew's rampage, with Jack now seeking to 'restore the balance of power' by killing Matt, who is the only 'superhuman' left on Earth. Coercing the vulnerable Miranda into helping him, Jack and Miranda manage to create a makeshift exo-suit with powerful weaponry using Miranda's genius and plan to use it to kill Matt or - if they fail and are killed - become Martyrs with their deaths and inspire others to continue their work in trying to kill Matt.
If you want to read the script for the film, simply go to google and type in (without the quotations) "Martyr Script". The script is on a reddit page.

Last edited:
I saw yesterday that the Metro 2033 movie got canned because the guy writing the Script wanted to Americanize it, wanting it to take place in Washington DC rather than Moscow. Having it take place on Moscow is one of the major things about the book/game as well, no idea why people have to try and pull that stuff. Almost narcissistic in a way.

I saw yesterday that the Metro 2033 movie got canned because the guy writing the Script wanted to Americanize it, wanting it to take place in Washington DC rather than Moscow. Having it take place on Moscow is one of the major things about the book/game as well, no idea why people have to try and pull that stuff. Almost narcissistic in a way.

I was going to say the exact same thing :)
I love the books and the games too, but yes it HAS to be set in Moscow. It's pivotal to the political and social dynamics of the story.
I'm kind of glad it isn't being made into a movie though. I think it would be much better as a high quality 10 part TV series along the lines of how "Altered Carbon" and "The Man inThe High Castle" have been adapted recently.

Would have liked to have seen several sci-fi books that I loved made into movies:

Rendezvous with Rama is a science fiction novel by British writer Arthur C. Clarke first published in 1973. Set in the 2130s, the story involves a 50-kilometre (31 mi) cylindrical alien starship that enters the Solar System. The story is told from the point of view of a group of human explorers who intercept the ship in an attempt to unlock its mysteries. The novel won both the Hugo[4] and Nebula[5] awards upon its release, and is regarded as one of the cornerstones in Clarke's bibliography. The concept was later extended with several sequels. After that: Rama II, The Garden of Rama, Rama revealed.

The Ringworld series is a series of science fiction novels written by American author Larry Niven. It is part of his Known Space set of stories. Its backdrop is the Ringworld, a giant artifact 600 million miles in circumference around a star. The series is composed of five standalone science fiction novels, the original award-winning book and its four sequels:

Either of those series, or simply one of the original books would be wonderful to see as movies. As would many of the books by John Wyndham: The Chrysalids, The Day of the Triffids (which was made into a movie, in the sixties, but was not all that well done) The Kraken Wakes, Trouble with Lichen, Chocky, Seeds of Time, Stowaway to Mars, The Midwich Cuckoos (also filmed as well, as Village of the Damned) .

Either of those series, or simply one of the original books would be wonderful to see as movies. As would many of the books by John Wyndham: The Chrysalids, The Day of the Triffids (which was made into a movie, in the sixties, but was not all that well done) The Kraken Wakes, Trouble with Lichen, Chocky, Seeds of Time, Stowaway to Mars, The Midwich Cuckoos (also filmed as well, as Village of the Damned) .

I do know that Chocky got adapted into a TV series, with series 2 and 3 been original writings that 'continued' the story (2 was okay, 3 was pretty bad). The opening with that scream is pretty creepy, mind you.

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.

The book was a story set between the end of Empire Strikes Back/Beginning of Return of the Jedi, so I guess it was kind of Episode 5.5 if they'd done the movie, really good story IMO.

Last edited:
Day of The Triffids was also given the TV treatment in 1981 and again in 2009. The 2009 version appears to be available on YouTube but the 1981 version does not. I remember watching the 1981 series (I would have been 10 or 11 at the time) and finding it chilling. It started me reading John Wyndham. I still think their vision of the Triffids themselves was the best :)
latest

Remember that crao War of the Worlds TV series from about 30 years ago? (circa late 80's), it only lasted 2 seasons, it was kind of a sequel to the 1953 movie (which had almost no connection to the book apart from the Martians died from exposure to Bacteria at the end)

The Day of the Triffids (which was made into a movie, in the sixties, but was not all that well done).

I haven't read the book, but I saw the movie on TV once. I don't know if it was supposed to be scary or gripping - I thought it was hilariously campy. I like campy movies, so I had a great time watching it.

I like campy movies, so I had a great time watching it.

Like 'campy' too, as long as it doesn't involve too many females screaming their heads off. Some of my favourites in regard to 'campiness' are the japanese made Godzilla movies. I just laugh and laugh, and the early start trek tv series are quite campy as well. You can sometimes see wires or shadows and that some things are actual toys or small models.

Last edited:
It did, on the N64, but the game sucked according to even the most hardcore of Star Wars geeks.

Yeah, I saw Lani from TeamFourStar review it (taking on his 'Vegeta' persona from Dragonball Abridged).
I would link it to show you but the admins now don't allow linking to any videos with bad language. This is the best I can do: TFS Gaming

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley was my favourite of all the set texts I studied for Eng Lit at school, by a long way. There was a rumour that Ridley Scott was looking into adapting it for the big screen, but he seems to have lost interest.

A proper War of the Worlds movie that's actually based on the book.

Shame the one that came in 1953 and its follow up late 80's TV series had almost no connection, they were set in the US for a start.

Although apparently the BBC are doing a WOTW TV series some time next year, that might be the next best thing.

A proper War of the Worlds movie that's actually based on the book.

Shame the one that came in 1953 and its follow up late 80's TV series had almost no connection, they were set in the US for a start.

Although apparently the BBC are doing a WOTW TV series some time next year, that might be the next best thing.

They are.
This is a scale model of the Tripod/Fighting-machine design for the miniseries, which is much closer to the original book:
latest

At the very least if the BBC version ends up sucking, we'll always have the Jeff Wayne version - which was set in the right time period and was an awesome musical. :D

A film about the last days of the last man incarcerated in Spandau prison. Whether Rudolf Hess or whomever he actually may have been died of natural causes. And if not, who actually murdered him and why.

Though I could understand a concerted effort by both Whitehall and the Kremlin to keep such a film from ever being made.

New Threads

Top Bottom