• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies that don't need a Reboot

Adora

I know there are a few threads about reboots but I was wondering what Movie do you love are hoping they never reboot here are a few I wish they never do.

The crow: This is one of my all time favourite movies and I loved Brandon Lee's performance but there has been rumours of a Reboot and a few producers and actors were connected to it but dropped out due to other commitments but at the moment it's still possible but i hope it doesn't happen.

Highlander: I grew up watching this one with my brothers and credit this movie for making me like Queen music but after disastrous sequels I really think it should be left alone.

Back to the Future: This has seem to be one that hasn't had any official announcements of any reboots but I have a bad feeling this will be next.

I am wondering is there any movies that you love but you do not want a reboot and why.

All of them. I really dislike how stuff has to be remade, rebooted, have a sequel, prequel (and anything related to those). I feel like writers these days get extremely lazy and just rely on old ideas way too much. A lot of stuff has been done, so it is hard to do original stuff.. but I feel like they could try a bit more. As a writer myself- I tend to edit my stuff so it doesn't look like other things as much.

None never think the first are as good as the books they are adapted from or the tv programme or from actual fact
but they never learn

The crow was a good film and should be left alone...! Anyone in england watch the original dads army series?, the film they made of it was diabolic..!

The crow was a good film and should be left alone...! Anyone in england watch the original dads army series?, the film they made of it was diabolic..!
Knew dads army would be bad Hollywood ruins a lot of tv scripts and media
never watched it

I really dislike how stuff has to be remade, rebooted, have a sequel, prequel (and anything related to those).

You forgot interquels :smirk:

never watched it

They tried to change too many things about it and believed that these other actors were anywhere near capable of re-enacting a classic from thousands of years ago. Plus the storyline was pretty poor too.

just please do NOT make Toy Story 4.
I think there's a genuine demand for this from fans young and older, me personally I'd say NO MORE ICE AGE FILMS, they were sh*t after the first one. Oh and stop making despicable me after this third installment, if you want lots of episodes then make it a TV series FFS.
Stop making X-Men films, we've had enough, focus on other super heroes for a film or two and stop tieing everything into the avengers all the time.
Please stop making more transformer films too and don't go too crazy with the star wars franchise continuation. NO more fast & furious films after this final trilogy, tbh we didn't even need this trilogy.

never watched it
Even braveheart was crap....! It wasnt even the true story that they portrayed. So anyone who watched it is just watching an unreal version of the truth..!

Even braveheart was crap....! It wasnt even the true story that they portrayed. So anyone who watched it is just watching an unreal version of the truth..!

Ghastly to discover how cavalierly Mel Gibson discarded historical facts just to accommodate his film. Though sadly this is nothing new in film making.

Where artistic interpretation and budget considerations can effectively alter history. :rolleyes:

I am not from England but they did have Dad's army series on tv here in Australia and my late father loved that show but yeah as for The crow that's a movie I really like and of the very few if only dark and gritty movie that I consider one of my favourite movies but hearing rumours over the years that have a reboot in the works and the actor Jason Mamoa may be playing Eric Draven while I don't mind the the actor still has me apprehensive and not wanting to see a already great movie rebooted just to make money.

I am not from England but they did have Dad's army series on tv here in Australia and my late father loved that show but yeah as for The crow that's a movie I really like and of the very few if only dark and gritty movie that I consider one of my favourite movies but hearing rumours over the years that have a reboot in the works and the actor Jason Mamoa may be playing Eric Draven while I don't mind the the actor still has me apprehensive and not wanting to see a already great movie rebooted just to make money.
Yeah i cant say il watch the crow remake.., it.will.destroy the.original my dear....!

Ghastly to discover how cavalierly Mel Gibson discarded historical facts just to accommodate his film. Though sadly this is nothing new in film making.

Where artistic interpretation and budget considerations can effectively alter history. :rolleyes:
Edward the 1st died about 13 years before william Wallace was captured and killed...! The scots at the.time didn't wear woad war.paint that was the celts and william wallace was over weight with.a beard...! Nothing like how mel gibson potrayed him...!

One movie I'm annoyed they are planning to remake is the 1996 movie Dragonheart.
Don't get me wrong, the original film wasn't anything great or fantastic, but I loved it as a kid and I love it as an adult - it's a film I can just sit down and relax to and Sean Connery as the voice of Draco makes this movie awesome.

Since then, they've made 3 sequels; Dragonheart: A New Beginning (2000), Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer's Curse (2015) and Dragonheart: Battle for the Heartfire (2017). These films are genuinely awful and - like the Highlander sequels - show very little respect to either the source material or the continuity.
Worse still, they are planning to make more sequels before they do the reboot. It's wound me up big time as the first film wrapped up nicely and didn't need a sequel to begin with, let alone the amount its gotten.

I can't recall a decent reboot and would opt to ban all reboots. It's just lazy writers that can't think of anything original for themselves, so they just put a slight spin on someone else's work.

Sorry for the rant.

All the recent franchise reboots have been crap, such as:

Robocop (2014)
Power Rangers (2017)

Seriously what was the point of rebooting Power Rangers? It's not the 90's any more, no one under 25 cares about them, because all the new versions are crap.

Last edited:
The one remake I've always thought was superior to the original was "The Thomas Crown Affair" with Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo. Far more entertaining as a light-hearted "caper" than the original, somber precision armed robbery with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway.

Essentially a very different movie from the original. But it's a rarity for any remake to succeed IMO.

Reminds me of "Exodus: God and Kings"...which I recently gave up watching after about 90 minutes into this remake of "The Ten Commandments". Whew...what a stinker. Even Christian Bale couldn't save this one.

All of them. I really dislike how stuff has to be remade, rebooted, have a sequel, prequel (and anything related to those). I feel like writers these days get extremely lazy and just rely on old ideas way too much. A lot of stuff has been done, so it is hard to do original stuff.. but I feel like they could try a bit more. As a writer myself- I tend to edit my stuff so it doesn't look like other things as much.

Yes, this in spades! I'm so sick of seeing new re-boots/re-makes of old movies. There's no creativity in film anymore, everyone just re-hashes older movies because they fear creating something new and just want to bank on people's nostalgia. "Hey, remember that movie you loved as a child? Well here it is again only with none of the charm and bucketloads of needless CGI!"

-Austin

Just came across this on Cracked and decided to post it here.

12 Rules Anyone Considering Making A Reboot Should Follow (Part 1)

600440_v2.jpg

600437_v2.jpg

600439_v2.jpg

600445_v2.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom