• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mornings you like

Sipe

What kinds of mornings you like? Is there a such way you want to wake up at least once a week?

Let`s start with me. I love Sundays. Every Sunday I wake up around 8-10 AM, go to shower and start making breakfast. Almost every Sunday morning I make my favorite food; tomato soup! I just love it. While making it, I listen to church service from the radio but only because of its music. Music is the only good thing from church and Christianity. And when it`s over I start to listen some smooth, soft jazz like Louis Armstrong or something like this:

When the soup is ready, I put the table ready, put the soup on the table, get some milk and sandwiches, maybe even light up a few candles, sit back, relax and enjoy myself. And after that I (try to) meditate in front of my little statue of Buddha.

How about you? Do you like to relax once in a while in mornings?

That sounds pretty awesome Snipe. I read an article about mediation and the neurology surrounding it, if you want I can actually dig it up(I seriously can because it's a free e-magazine).
On weekends I'm rarely up in the morning or if I am it's like 11 and I waste an hour on the computer plus. TBH, I dislike most mornings 'cause my family's getting ready for the day and I'm still sleeping. I like getting up when they've all left except my younger sister(who just sits down stairs in her dressing gown watching movies made 50 years ago). I love it when the entire family's out on a Saturday and I can get up at like 3 PM and then go into town and buy something interesting for breakfast(i.e something unhealthy) as opposed to cereal. On the summer holidays this happens quite a lot and on most holidays but normal weekends only when there's an Irish dancing tournament and my Dad's somewhere else like Squash or w.e(my brother and sister do Irish dancing[I didn't even bother for various reasons I'd ramble on about if you ask] and my Mum follows them 'cause she's Irish and likes Irish stuff and my Dad does a lot of Squash but I think he just likes time away from the family) :D.
IDK what the question was at this point but yeah (Y).
EMZ=]

IDK what the question was at this point but yeah (Y).
EMZ=]

My question was that how do you like to start your day in the morning (or whenever you wake up during weekends). What do you do to make yourself relaxed and happy? Do you make your favorite food as breakfast, listen to your favorite kind of music etc. Or do you start to think negative and stressful things first thing in the morning?

TBH, I generally want to go to bed after getting up and feel pretty tired and it doesn't help when 9 out of 10 times it's busy down stairs and disruptive so I can't relax >_<.
I tend to listen to a calm band in the morning like radiohead or something. Or if I'm lazy I'll just play what I was listening to the night before(which could be metal for all I know).
EMZ=P

TBH, I generally want to go to bed after getting up and feel pretty tired and it doesn't help when 9 out of 10 times it's busy down stairs and disruptive so I can't relax >_<.

Ah, yes. Having your folks in the same house might be disturbing and annoying sometimes and you always can`t relax in the way you want. I guess I`m lucky since I have an own little red cabin in my parents yard, so that`s why I can do pretty much what I want without anyone disturbing me.

But let`s think that your folks are not home during weekends and the house is all quiet and all yours. What would you do then? Pretty much the same like so far, or...?

Play music on the speakers and go to town and get something tasty to eat :p.
EMZ=]

I read an article about mediation and the neurology surrounding it, if you want I can actually dig it up(I seriously can because it's a free e-magazine).
EMZ=]

Well, if its not too troublesome for you then I would love to read it as well.

I prefer to actually wake up on a Monday morning doing this good old 3D Art in the top floor where we literally get a proper good view from. :p
(Yet, I'm gutted I'm only there like 1 times a week). :thumbsdown:

Well, if its not too troublesome for you then I would love to read it as well.
http://hplusmagazine.com/digitaledition/2009-fall/
Page 48 onwards, pages 45-47 talk about a similar subject too but not meditation it self :p.
EMZ=]

Page 48 onwards, pages 45-47 talk about a similar subject too but not meditation it self :p.
EMZ=]

Thanks. I read it and it was really interesting. I should use more time for meditation. Luckily summer is coming soon and then I have plenty of time to practice it.

Thank you again, Emor.

Thanks. I read it and it was really interesting. I should use more time for meditation. Luckily summer is coming soon and then I have plenty of time to practice it.

Thank you again, Emor.
NP :p.
EMZ=]

Hmm let's see... Well, usually I wake up to my family being uncontrollably noisy, half the time after having an early morning awakening, going back to sleep but then waking up exhausted, and then having to get up for school. But, I like the rare mornings when I wake up at a decent hour to a quiet house after having gotten enough sleep, and not having to do school but instead being able to watch TV in the morning (and screencap it, since we have a Freeze button on one of the remotes).
As for breakfast, I don't really have a certain one I like best. I like PopTarts, but we don't buy them very often so I usually have cereal.

On a school day, my alarm rings at 6:30 and I stay for half an hour in that half awake/dead stage, or read, and then I get up, have a short shower (this is new actually, but if I don't in the morning then it just won't happen), then I get dressed, go downstairs, eat breakfast which usually takes me to about 7:36 and then I play piano until 7:55, giving me ten minutes to brush my teeth and wash my face etc. Then I have half an hour on the bike to school. I like free periods in the morning but they're a bit stressful, because you have to work out what time to set off and things like that.
On Saturdays, I have to be out of the door by ten to nine but it's usually ten past, and then I just go at it more slowly, trying to be v. quiet because my parents will both be asleep. My mum has ears like a bat and if I play piano downstairs she'll wake up in their room upstairs. So I don't bother then. Sundays I try to get up early because I hate Sundays, and I hate lie ins, so that would be doubly bad.

I don't really relax in the morning, I don't think I've really deserved it yet! It would feel decadent, especially since I'm young still.

Waking up and seeing my girlfriend first thing in the morning, well it should be another thing I should have put on my list.

I wake up at like 6 in the morning and get myself prepared (apparently I take forever) and get myself something to eat to start my day nad have a quick shower before I start the day fresh. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom