• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Morning Hike

Luca

V.I.P Member
This was a solo hike I did with Odin (Newfoundland) very early yesterday morning. I just wanted to share.
I typically take my dogs hiking 3 to 4 times a week, fairly intense hikes. Sometimes all the dogs, sometimes just one or two. This is how I stay in shape and get exercise.
I love sharing the natural beauty of the rural forested area I live in.
Making videos is obviously another one of my passions.

Sorry about the video being vertical, I didn't even realize I was filming it that way at the time! :/

Precious pup! And thanks for letting us take a lovely walk with you. I want to give him head scritches so badly.

his tail reminds me of a persian cat/exotic longhair. looks very similar and exactly the same movements lol.

I wonder if it can hypnotize you like a pendulum, when you look too long on it.

or how I always called it: swiffers dust wiper

1669724234880.png

his tail is so funny lol : D the way he waggles it the whole time lol.

Last edited:
This was a solo hike I did with Odin (Newfoundland) very early yesterday morning. I just wanted to share.
I typically take my dogs hiking 3 to 4 times a week, fairly intense hikes. Sometimes all the dogs, sometimes just one or two. This is how I stay in shape and get exercise.
I love sharing the natural beauty of the rural forested area I live in.
Making videos is obviously another one of my passions.

Sorry about the video being vertical, I didn't even realize I was filming it that way at the time! :/

That dog looks (loveable and cute) the way they roam. I mean, I imagine them enjoying nature, being really calm or happy those moments, searching with their keen senses, and with a love for getting exercise too. It kind of reminds me of my way of doing things and interests when I'm outdoor in nature. I feel often that same way. I get out often taking everything in, wanting to learn, enjoy, relax and use my senses, with my nature walks and video camera as I narrate.

Does any of your dogs you have or care for like catching or retrieving frisbees or balls for exercise? Next year we are taking our oldest son to a bigger park that has frisbee golf there. I'm into playing other traditional sports, but he wants to try that.

Last edited:
It's amazing how perfect his tail is and so fluffy. Newfoundland has such a gentle nature. His coat is striking. Thanks Luca, great to see you are up and doing hikes after your travails.

That dog looks (loveable and cute) the way they roam. I mean, I imagine them enjoying nature, being really calm or happy those moments, searching with their keen senses, and with a love for getting exercise too. It kind of reminds me of my way of doing things and interests when I'm outdoor in nature. I feel often that same way. I get out often taking everything in, wanting to learn, enjoy, relax and use my senses, with my nature walks and video camera as I narrate.

Does any of your dogs you have or care for like catching or retrieving frisbees or balls for exercise? Next year we are taking our oldest son to a bigger park that has frisbee golf there. I'm into playing other traditional sports, but he wants to try that.
Thanks for your lovely reply!
I hope you and your son enjoy frisbee golf :)

Some of my dogs retrieve balls and catch frisbees, it highly depends on the individual dog and what breed they are.
Enzo, my English Pointer, will catch frisbees but he is kind of on and off with tennis balls.
My Doberman will catch and retrieve both.

Thanks for your lovely reply!
I hope you and your son enjoy frisbee golf :)

Some of my dogs retrieve balls and catch frisbees, it highly depends on the individual dog and what breed they are.
Enzo, my English Pointer, will catch frisbees but he is kind of on and off with tennis balls.
My Doberman will catch and retrieve both.
Thanks Luca. He says he is looking forward to trying that, with those chained basket things at each hole. Even if it takes a long time getting through the course it should be fun. It's great to hear what your dogs love partly doing. One day we're going to get a dog book, to see which breeds are the best around ASD children should either child want one one day. I had just dogs growing up (a Collie, German Shepard, West Highland Terrier--at different times) but my wife had just cats. We will see once they are older, and seeing what their sensory issues and desires are then.

No no no....
I'm still not jealous of You having dogs! Lol. Morning hikes felt awesome, especially with four paws following Your lead... :)

Sounds like a great workout for large dogs. Making them perhaps a bit more manageable when they get home.

New Threads

Top Bottom