• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mom of 2 Autistic Children

Jessica Stribley

I am new to this and I came about this thread while looking for something for my youngest daughter who is in the most need of anything I ever inquire about. If this isn't allowed let me know, but I'm hoping someone on here will be able to guide me in the right directions. Thank you :)

70ce1889bd6a182b02698d19fd372e49.png

Welcome. I also have an autistic son, and am always looking for suggestions. He's 5 and still not speaking, and very hyper active. He also has at least 20 tantrums a day that get pretty violent sometimes. Also, has severe separation anxiety from his mom when she isn't around. I'm not sure any of this helped, but I hope you find some comfort knowing that you aren't alone. I could not imagine raising 2 autistic children, that has to be so hard.

IMG_0264.GIF
What helped me when I was traumatised was for somebody just to talk to me in an everyday way,it irritates me greatly if they presume I have the intellect of a very young infant .I personally think everyone who is autistic can speak , I just think some of them have more damage to the brain where the speech centre is research scientists know hearing is the last thing to go before you die and I have heard that children who were non-verbal became verbal after people attentively started to teach them to read !probably because they got the feeling that they were being encouraged to communicate ,not like the draconian methods used by the Victorians who treat the children as if they were almost imbeciles ,even if she is non-verbal I can guarantee she will be able to read ,it just seems to be a common ability Autistic people have
I am new to this and I came about this thread while looking for something for my youngest daughter who is in the most need of anything I ever inquire about. If this isn't allowed let me know, but I'm hoping someone on here will be able to guide me in the right directions. Thank you :)

Hi, I am one of 3 autistic brothers that are now all in our 40s and I'm the only one who is on the higher functioning end of the spectrum, although I was also very slow with speech development as a young child and still have many autistic traits. If you need to ask for any advice, share your experiences or even if you just wish to have someone to talk to, you are always very welcome here.

Welcome to ASPIESCentral. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom