• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Minecraft

Kailee

I've played Minecraft on the Xbox 360 for a couple of years, and I recently heard that it's a great game for Aspie's. How is that?

I don't know that it's necessarily good or bad for Aspies in general . . . it depends on the player's tastes. I play Minecraft on the PC and I enjoy it, but I haven't been able to spend much time on it lately.

I tried it on the PC but just couldn't get into it! What are your favourite aspects of it? & any tips for someone who hasn't played it much?

My boyfriend (NT) got his own computer yesterday after being without one for 2 years, and has suddenly developed a Minecraft obsession!

Uh . . . I'm probably not the best person to ask, since lots of new features have been added since I last played, but some tips:

1. Don't be afraid to change the difficulty level if you find normal mode scary.

2. Always have spare tools---especially torches. And food items. Can't forget the food.

3. If you hear a "Ssssss," run!

Whenever I pick it up again I'll mention more things. :D

I think generally people mean the PC version - from what I've seen the Xbox adaptation is rather limited.

As a sandbox game you can play it on your own terms, you can treat it like computerised lego and build things or you can play it like a game, but to a larger extent than many other games you choose you're own objectives (in that way it could be argued it's a toy or simulation more than a game)

I don't play much at the moment (my current computer tends to overheat if I play games for long especially in this hot weather, and I tend to get lost and find it rather stressful when I do) but I do watch a lot of Minecraft on Youtube - it's strangely enjoyable (at least considering I find watching any kind of sport utterly boring)

Yes, the Xbox version is currently limited, from what I understand, but it's probably much easier to implement some things on PC, and can take place much faster. The things most Minecrafters probably miss the most are user-made mods.

Minecraft is one of those games I really want to play but I got the PC demo and didn't really enjoy the PC controls very much (I'm more of a console gamer - PC gaming just never really appealed to me that much).

The problem I have with the Xbox 360 version, aside from not being able to afford the Xbox live Gold Membership required to play online, is that now the Xbox One is out it's only a matter of time before the Xbox 360 version's online support is shut down now the game is coming out on the Xbox One. And I've been led to believe that Minecraft on the 360 has online DRM where if you don't connect to the internet to confirm that it's a legitimate copy, even the single player mode doesn't work, or runs in demo mode, or something. If that is correct then I'm not going to buy it because - well... What happens when the Xbox 360's online support is gone? Does that mean I have to buy it again, for the Xbox One, if I want to carry on playing the full game?

Of course I actually hope I'm wrong about that and want someone to correct me on that.. because I do want to play it on the Xbox.

I played a lot of Minecraft. It was a lot of fun, but also really frustrating at times. It could be so unforgiving, especially with corpseruns. I played PC, but it used to make my laptop so hot so I probably won't play it again until I get a new computer in a couple of months. I think it is a great game for aspies because of the total immersion aspect of the gameplay. Like, the big appeal for me was that there were really no limits whatsoever. I ended up building entire towns complete with farms for resources and stuff like that. It was detailed too, like, I made a museum/city hall, blacksmith, fishing pond ala Zelda, archaeologist's office, and a town square with a working fountain in the middle, and tons of other things. I miss it, actually. I want to play it again right now. :D

I also play Terraria which is similar but 2D side scroller type, sprited. They're very different in look and mechanics, but Terraria has less of a learning curve, and it has bosses and things like that. But you can still collect resources and build whatever you want.

I love sandbox games for that reason. When the world is a little too much for me, I just make my own. :p

You can always avoid the corpse runs to get your stuff if you don't like that aspect either in single player or if you are in control of the server with the /gamerule keepInventory true command... you probably know that though. As I said above I have the same problem with my laptop... but it's also partly an excuse for me, I don't want to get absorbed in playing a game for hours these days.

I usually didn't bother to run a server (although my best village was made on server) but I actually did not know that, so thank you. Maybe that's a recent thing? I haven't played for quite awhile, and the last time I played, I think that you had to play a certain mode to not lose your stuff, but I still wanted to have enemies to farm. My memory is hazy though. I should look and see what has changed since I last played.

I wonder why it makes computers run so hot. It was really funny but bad, too. My laptop sounded like a jet engine, the fan was going so hard.

I play mine craft on the Xbox but I really want it on pc (but my mum might not let me get it) I have a random question how long does it take for things from pc to come onto Xbox (items and mobs)

I play mine craft on the Xbox but I really want it on pc (but my mum might not let me get it) I have a random question how long does it take for things from pc to come onto Xbox (items and mobs)
but I guess when Microsoft finalizes the purchase of mine craft the process would be much faster.

this is what I want in mine craft
Dolphin.png

its a mod at the moment just as long as they add different types (skins)

No. I only play Minecraft occasionally, and when I do I build villages (or pillage them :D).
I've certainly never imagined building a golf course! Have you? How'd you do it?

New Threads

Top Bottom