• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Might Finally be getting SSI

matt000333

Just thought I would post an update to anyone following my SSI troubles that recently Federal court remanded my case due to them cherry picking info from testing I had done 3 years ago. FSIQ test and Asperger testing they want them discussing my side of things at the next hearing specifically about my doctor to properly weight their opinion and provide that opinion in determining my RFC Assessment. I hear mostly good things that i should get it from research but a few horror story's as well usually they send you back to the same judge but lucky or unlucky for me. I will get a new one due to mine having moved anyways comments thoughts?

fist bump for crazy checks! go matt!

(my friend got them before I did and always called them "crazy checks". I thought it was so funny that I call it that now- but only to other people who get SSI.)

fist bump for crazy checks! go matt!

(my friend got them before I did and always called them "crazy checks". I thought it was so funny that I call it that now- but only to other people who get SSI.)
What state did you get yours in? How long did it take? Did you have to go to federal?

Oh nice Yeah I thought when I got officially diagnosed which took 2 or 3 years to get done I would get mine but they cherry picked the facts to fit their side which is why i'm going back to court. Missouri is in the bottom 10 states for approval your state is 15th. It's crazy to me how different the percentages are I mean I know they can't all be the same but you think they would be similar like within 5% of eachother or so I think mental issues are tougher to get approved on for the most part unless its an IQ thing they cant really argue against that. My friend doesn't do anything to keep his does not go to the doctor or anything he has his due to Low IQ just had to go the doctor on evaluation get an test a bam approved. I used to have a doctor I did not pay close enough attention too when I had a harder time looking out for myself so that hurt me because he thought I could work now I see a Nurse Practitioner and she has been best I have had but they use her not being a doctor against her and throw her under the bus every time I think because she approves of me getting my SSI. I thought between her giving my medical source statements supporting my SSI and the testing I would have been approved long ago but nope.

Last edited:
Nice to hear it all worked out for you. I have something similar here in Newfoundland, Canada. We applied last April and I was approved last July.

Well i am not approved yet just had Federal Remand it with specific instructions I go back to court in 3-5 months. I hear most get approved when this happens but also have read a few horror stories of Judges continually ignoring what the Federal ask of them and it just keeps going back and forth this tells me. Judges at ALJ level can pretty much do what they want and Federal is not really their boss but I also read most Judges don't want a 2nd remand and I have a new Judge. Usually they send you back to the same one but mine moved which I am glad I think she would have denied me again took a counselors word over my doctor. I mad a bad choice going to her but was not as well as I am now and my delusions of owning a company was used against me also was one of thsoe thought everyone should work type and had a bad doctor years ago before one I have now was just not making good choices on my care at the time it was the most corrupt thing I ever seen so far. Was pretty crazy they even used them though because at time I filed I barely seen them compared to my current care people. Hopefully new judge will do what they ask and not reach for a denial since it wont count against them anyway so why get their hands dirty self preservation could actually help me.

New Threads

Top Bottom