• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Might and Magic VI

Amphilyke

I've played this game since I was a kid, but it only just struck me that their schools of magic are classified in decreasing numbers: there's the elemental guild, which contains the magics of fire, air, water and earth, accessible to sorcerors, archers, and druids. Then the guild of the self, which is the magic of spirit, mind, and body, available to clerics, paladins, and druids again. Then there's the mirrored path of light and dark, only accessible to clerics and sorcerors. 4-3-2. And that's the way they are listed on your spell casting menu.

I know everyone's RPG lore is based in DND, classes, races, spells, etc., but Might and Magic VI: the Mandate of Heaven was always my home, followed by VII (subt. For Blood and Honor) and VIII (subt, Dy of the Destroyer). I like the sound track, class system, and skill system for Might and Magic VI the best, while might and Magic VIII has my favorite setting and I think it's the most beautiful. I also appreciate the return of hirelings in VIII (an element of the pre-3DO games, when New World Computing was its own independent company, but those games are 2.5D as opposed to 3D and much more challenging; don't think I've ever beaten one).

MM VI and MM VII are games I revisit every year ever since they came out. I like MM VIII too, but the two predecessors really hold a special place in my heart. I think I’m gonna play right now.

I thought that game was a TTRPG for whatever reason. The first thing that comes into my mind for "RPG video game" by this point is Monster Hunter, so that could be way. I play the heck outta Monster Hunter games. Even if I run out of quests to complete, I am always fighting more and more monsters just so I can unlock and craft all the equipment in the game.

New Threads

Top Bottom