• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Middle-aged old man

Meistersinger

I was diagnosed back in June of last year (2012), after my youngest brother and his wife noticed in me the same issues their 2 youngest children, who are low-functioning autistics. Taking Viibryd did not make matters any better, and has caused me great harm (that's what I deserve for being a guinea pig for Big Pharma)

By nature, and by training, I am a musician, a librarian, and a computer support geek, as well as a hard-headed Pennsylvania Dutchman (although not as hard-headed as the Old-Order Amish or Mennonites (no offense to those groups intended)). I try not to harbor any ill will toward anyone, (although I unintentionally hack people off, on occasion.). People can usually read me like a book, even to the point that people push away from me when I'm in emotional pain, and I can sometimes read other people's faces and body language, as well as deliver (when necessary) and understand sarcasm. I end up depressed when the slightest thing goes wrong, since my late mother catastrophized every thing that would go wrong, no thanks to her father being the town drunk, and abusing her, verbally, physically and mentally.

Dad, on the other hand, loved to heckle. He could dish it out, as well as take it. His biggest foible was his father, who was the town Don Juan. While we didn't exactly get along, I took his death the worst among the family, just as I took mom's death pretty bad.

Further, I prefer to be left alone. I've had too many traumas with older girls, as well as girls of the same age, trying to get in my pants, when I was younger. I've been known to say something impolite that was supposed to be polite, but only when it was the truth. I tell the truth, although I've had to shade it from time to time, and occasionally lie, just like the other neurotypicals. Unlike some on the web, who flaunt their Aspergers, I try to keep it hidden, since most people consider me to be an arse.

Opera always was a passion of mine, ever since high school. I haven't been listening lately, since, while I'm on disability, I've been busy trying to digitize recordings of my church choir that were made in the mid to late 1950, under their longtime music director (1930-1980), as well as trying to keep this place clean (l live 3 other men in a town home, and we pretty much keep to ourselves.

Found you, Meistersinger! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the comprehensive intro. Like yourself & WYV, I'm also an opera fan. Please jump right in & feel welcome & at ease.

Thanks for the link! You're pretty good! Much better than I could ever do. Do plan on becoming a musician/singer as a career?

I have unfortunately not been able to do this in the past. I am now on disability for mental defect (no thanks to harm brought about by psychotropic drugs) as well as diabetes and lower back problems. I plan mostly to teach, as my voice is starting to show its age.

New Threads

Top Bottom