• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Miasma, or 3-layer ToM

At this point in my life, I think I've kiiiiind of wrapped my head around why enforcing social norms, even in the absence of actual harm caused by not enforcing them in a particular situation, can feel important to people.

I still agree with the article saying that there's rather too much of it going on at the moment, though.

The Bob, Carol, Doug ... example was dizzying; as it stated it would be, trying to imagine five (or infinite) levels to track.

"Everyone knows it,

Everyone knows that everyone knows it,

Everyone knows that everyone knows that everyone knows it"

= common sense.

Trying to follow the Bob, Carol, etc, story put me in a Miasma. I guess I am a 1-Layer Tom

Trying to follow the Bob, Carol, etc, story put me in a Miasma. I guess I am a 1-Layer Tom

much prefer one or two layers myself.

could you imagine being anything other than ND and tracking those layers all day everyday?

Easily hold and track conversation, it's inference, intention, subject, direction and then; if that wasn't enough,

being able to easily make jokes or banter within parameters of said conversation because one also knows what the group (each member and some of their layers) may be amused by?

I think the human brain is incredible.

much prefer one or two layers myself.

could you imagine being anything other than ND and tracking those layers all day everyday?

Easily hold and track conversation, it's inference, intention, subject, direction and then; if that wasn't enough,

being able to easily make jokes or banter within parameters of said conversation because one also knows what the group (each member and some of their layers) may be amused by?

I think the human brain is incredible.

Reminded me of this for some reason.

Teddy-land-Gary-Larson-bears-language-zipper.jpg

Common knowledge can, at times, get into your head. A good example can be common knowledge about pro golfer Tiger Woods, who is a very good golfer.

He knows that he can beat you.
You know that he can beat you.
He knows that you know that he can beat you.

Think about that for a while and you are beat before you start.

New Threads

Top Bottom