• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meltdowns because of happiness

An Arctic fox

What happens when you are close to meltdown or have a meltdown because of being happy and how is it different between normal meltdowns?

Well I am doing the thing that's getting me happy and I start rocking and chewing and my senses get worse (by becoming more) like in a normal meltdown for me and in these I also get really excited and my need to do repetitive actions lasts longer

Ohh, like you're overly excited?

If I'm understanding correctly, some physical activity might help, like exercise, working out, like running, push-ups, etc.

If that's not possible or desirable then maybe calming music or earplugs to have silence?

That's all I can think of right now.

Doing excercise may help but I cant really do that but I did one of my favorite things, running with a dog/canine (and running with a wolf would be awesome) and so that helped a bit but I'm still excited but I should be fine and yeah basically and i was wondering if others feel that to or if that even if a meltdown caused my happiness. I also once was so happy and curios that i lost my ability to talk though that may be a DID thing

I've experienced over-excitement to a point that resembled mania many many times, but my medication prevents it from happening anymore.

Ita only one of them but it also helps my depression so I still take it just at a lower dose (it also caused my personalities to start)

The lower dose didnt, though it made it so I heard them talking less which isnt a good thing for communication but was helpful. I'm used to them now and they help me so ita fine but it does cause more stress

So you haven't tried stopping completely?

Have you told your doctor that it does this?

So you haven't tried stopping completely?

Have you told your doctor that it does this?[/QUOTE]
I tried ignoring them but that just gave me a headache

I think they know and dont believe me, that's how people usually are. Though my therapists still talk to be about it and so do my friends. Though I'm learning how to work together with them and that helps because they arent actually a bad thing

Even if you don't think it's bad, it seems to me like it's a sign that it's doing something not so great to your brain.

I know for sure that my doctor would stop it entirely and immediately. One medication made me see visual snow, and it doesn't cause any problems and I don't care, but he said it's not a good sign for what the drug is doing to me and stopped it.

There are so so so many medication choices, there isn't really any reason to settle on one that has an effect like that, in my opinion.

And if you have a doctor who doesn't believe you, you should get a new doctor. You don't need a doctor doing it when your family is already doing it.

I've tried many and this is the only one that helps. I need the medication because without I get to suicidal.

And if these personalities are actually real (which family makes me doubt since they dont believe me) that means I've already had it and just havent been able to talk with them before.

And if you have a doctor who doesn't believe you, you should get a new doctor. You don't need a doctor doing it when your family is already doing it.
Well I dont remember but I wouldnt be surpressed if they didnt, it's actually my psychiatrist and they probably wouldnt believe me since it isnt common. But they are the only psychiatrist in the area

Sorry, I meant psychiatrist whenever I said doctor.

And I understand now.

Considering everything, seems to me like you're doing great!

What makes you think I'm doing great? Thank you though :)

I get why they might not believe me but family shouldn't need to tell me how it seems unlikely and that they dont believe me because I need a lot of validation due to low self esteem and my family never believing me makes it hard (especially since my dad is the one gaslighting me and my parents both dont believe it). Thwy also say since I was researching it that that's probably why since my family/dad just thinks I start seeing this stuff in myself and pretend

Because despite your family's lack of trust, you still managed to get help and see a doctor, get evaluated and get diagnosed with autism, watch the ADHD youtube channel and also come here and talk to people here--all that and you're only 13!

Sounds great to me! You could have believed your family and done none of that. You got spunk! :D

New Threads

Top Bottom