• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meeting other people with Aspergers

Hope Campbell

Hello everyone my name is Hope. I'm from Washington, DC. I wanted to know if there was anybody else on this site that's from DC or the DC area. it would be cool to meet other people with Aspergers in the DC area.

Try Meetup.org. There's a fairly large group that meets in Southern California. Might be something in your area.

Hello everyone my name is Hope. I'm from Washington, DC. I wanted to know if there was anybody else on this site that's from DC or the DC area. it would be cool to meet other people with Aspergers in the DC area.
Im from Puyallup Washington born and raised and im in Puyallup Washington.

Hey there, Hope. I think there a a bunch of aspies in the DC Metro. I'm a Silver Line resident, VA side.

My name is Hope, too, but unfortunately, I live in Long Island, NY.
Hi Hope. It's really cool that you and me have the same name. And it is unfortunate that that we live in totally different places. One day though I want to visit New York. It's been on my list of places to travel to for a very long time.

That' cool. What's it like there if you don't mind me asking?
Happy Holidays Hope Campbell :) Its nice living in Puyallup Washington we have The 2nd biggest fair in the state i think being The Puyallup Fair. And we have 4 nice parks Wildwood park - Bradley Lake Park were i go fishing alot and ride my mountin bike around the lake and then we have - Rainier Woods park i think its called its the closest park to were i live - Decoursey Park it has a small sized lake were you can jog around or fish at and i have home video footage of me with my dad at Decoursey park from like 1995 and then 1997 or 1998. And we also have a Big Mall here in puyallup The Southhill Mall. And we use to have halloween haunted hayride and haunted walkthrough that i liked and volunteered for alot of times but it sucks and i miss it because they dont do halloween activities here in puyallup anymore :( Overall puyallup is a nice place to visit and live in :)

We moved, ( job transfer ), to a shithole just south of Fargo, almost a year ago. I am college educated; non-religious, liberal leaning; don't drink, don't smoke; happily married for 30 years. I would love to meet someone with AS in this area. SAD FACT : I have never met another adult with AS:( * There is supposedly an AS group up in Fargo, but getting there could be an issue for me, as we share one car these days. *SIGH* May be some day...

Happy Holidays Hope Campbell :) Its nice living in Puyallup Washington we have The 2nd biggest fair in the state i think being The Puyallup Fair. And we have 4 nice parks Wildwood park - Bradley Lake Park were i go fishing alot and ride my mountin bike around the lake and then we have - Rainier Woods park i think its called its the closest park to were i live - Decoursey Park it has a small sized lake were you can jog around or fish at and i have home video footage of me with my dad at Decoursey park from like 1995 and then 1997 or 1998. And we also have a Big Mall here in puyallup The Southhill Mall. And we use to have halloween haunted hayride and haunted walkthrough that i liked and volunteered for alot of times but it sucks and i miss it because they dont do halloween activities here in puyallup anymore :( Overall puyallup is a nice place to visit and live in :)
Hey, man - I used to live over in Tacoma:) God, I miss it! There used to be a restaurant, ( Cattins?/ Kattins??? ), over by the fairgrounds - best breakie around! Miss that amazingly strong coffee at Sherri's, (sp? ), and the marionberry pie:D BTW : What happened with Halloween in the Pu? They used to decorate it up nice???

Hey, man - I used to live over in Tacoma:) God, I miss it! There used to be a restaurant, ( Cattins?/ Kattins??? ), over by the fairgrounds - best breakie around! Miss that amazingly strong coffee at Sherri's, (sp? ), and the marionberry pie:D BTW : What happened with Halloween in the Pu? They used to decorate it up nice???
cattins/kattins is still thereand i dont remember how the coffee at sherris taste and ive never the marionberry pie and im not sure why they just stopped doing Halloween in Puyallup.

SAD FACT : I have never knowingly met another adult with AS:(

Fixed it for you! :rolleyes:

Since my (late in life) diagnosis, I try to pay attention to those around me; maybe they are ASD too?

I am pretty certain that my mother is on the spectrum, and if my brother-in-law was diagnosed, I wouldn't faint from the shock.

New Threads

Top Bottom