• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meet the member (literally)

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
I recently discovered that a new forum member lives very close to me and is also a photographer @velociraptor

After some delayed plans last month, we got together with our cameras at a local park tonight, and had a nice visit, I didn't take his photo, and he didn't take mine... It was just an evening out between two photographers really... One of the photos I took, it was an excellent cloud night...

Ralph Klein Park 01.jpg

Raggamuffin

V.I.P Member
That's very cool. I wonder how many others have done meet ups with local members from the forum.

I know there's UK based members here but I've not seen anyone local to myself.

Ed

Raggamuffin

V.I.P Member
It helps that we are both photographers as well
Yeah I've done some outings in the past with fellow photographers. I really like exploring abandoned buildings. I've taken 4 friends on separate occasions to a large abandoned RAF base nearby. It has over 30 buildings and has been left to nature for over 20 years.

I think they're finally tearing it all down and building houses there though.

Ed

Shaddock

V.I.P Member
that´s really cool. I think the first thing that I would mention before I would meet sherlock would have been "no photos (of me), thanks." or "please put your camera in this box for the duration of the meeting (joke)" lol. or when I would meet people, maximum group photo as keepsake for themselves and not in social media, forums etc....

I also met a few single members of other forums so far in the last years, but mostly it is not that easy, because of the distance. here in this forum are a few german members, but I doubt that they would like to meet me or anyone in general lol. don´t ask me why lol.

but I have no problems to step into the train and meet someone from internet, presupposed I had no negative impression from this person in the forum.

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
that´s really cool. I think the first thing that I would mention before I would meet sherlock would have been "no photos (of me), thanks." or "please put your camera in this box for the duration of the meeting (joke)" lol. or when I would meet people, maximum group photo as keepsake for themselves and not in social media, forums etc....

I also met a few single members of other forums so far in the last years, but mostly it is not that easy, because of the distance. here in this forum are a few german members, but I doubt that they would like to meet me or anyone in general lol. don´t ask me why lol.

but I have no problems to step into the train and meet someone from internet, presupposed I had no negative impression from this person in the forum.

I didn't think about it (taking his photo) . We just enjoyed the sunset... And a coffee after that...

Luca

charm & chaos
V.I.P Member
I would love to meet my friends from here in person someday, but most of them are either from a different part of the country, or from another country! Lol
No one is really that local to me. I would have to drive probably 10+ hours to meet anyone here who is from the US or Canada. A lot of you guys are in Florida.

New Threads

Top Bottom