• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

meds, advice needed

smith2267

I have a dr. appt. tomorrow and I plan to ask for a med change. I am on zoloft and I don't think it addresses my anxiety, Plus which I have a gf now so I want something without sexual side effects.
Any advice would be appreciated. My anxiety is mostly caused by people, when I am alone I'm all right.

I have used Lexapro for a year now for anxiety and its relatively unobtrusive on other parts of my life.
It just seems to take the intensity and duration out of anxiety attacks without sedation.
Its a tough thing to get right - good luck with it all

My advice: simply tell your doctor what you just told us. I cannot offer any advice on specific medications, and regardless, I do not think it a good idea to insist on any particular medication with one's doctor.

Before I was on remeron I took prozac, zoloft and wellbutrin. I have ADHD as well as anxiety from OCD and depression. When I took zoloft it made me super anxious and caused me stomach problems and I gained weight as well as other issues. With prozac my depression was a little better but also made me anxious. Wellbutrin caused me to feel depersonalization/derealization and really freaked me out. I started feeling like life wasn't real and everything was a dream. :( Then I was put on remeron. I take it an hour before I go to sleep and it makes me really relaxed, sleepy and hungry. I sleep very well and when I wake up I am sleepy. I take vyvanse for ADHD but if you don't have ADHD I recommend maybe having green tea or coffee to wake up if you're on this. I'm not saying take Remeron but I am saying it is great for my personal anxiety and depression issues. I believe either prozac or zoloft caused me sexual side effects, and remeron kind of fixed it. I think prozac and zoloft gave me lasting issues that remeron possibly corrected. I did read that remeron is for really bad depression so I don't know if it is used for anxiety alone. It might cause weight gain though, it makes you crave carbs, which is why my doctor wanted me to take it. Vyvanse caused me to lose 20lbs.

Whatever you do, stay the hell away from Wellbutrin. It almost killed me. The amount of reported side effects alone is horrific. I got quite a bunch of them including feeling faint every day, major appetite loss (taking one bite of a sandwich and feeling so full I felt sick, it happened!), loss of caffeine tolerance (nooooo not my coffee!), paranoia of an even more elevated level than I already had, very elevated heart beat, and I was EXTREMELY dizzy (and I know I am forgetting other things!). I had to start taking my doses at nighttime just to attempt to sleep most of it off. Didn't do anything. The wean period was a nightmare, but I have been off of it since 2009. Feels amazing to still be alive.

The only thing that ever helped me anxiety was klonopin honestly. Zyprexa helped a bit maybe, but it made me sleep 12 hours or more a day. I've found adderall is quite helpful if I keep it to a minimum and only use it every few days. (I have a prescription for 20mg twice a day as a result of a fail ADD diagnosis) but if I take the prescribed dosage it makes it much worse, it helps me tune the world out until it gets to the point of over medicating....be forewarned its highly addictive, I may as well have taken up crack smoking. I almost hate my doctor for ever prescribing it...the withdrawals are quite painful. Klonipin made me kind of goofy/high but I was never so dependant on it as I am with adderall.

New Threads

Top Bottom