• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meal routines...

trustwaves

Do you eat the typical 3 meals a day & snacks? Or maybe every 2 hours?
Or do you have your own way that's not overwhelming?

Food is Hell. I avoid it till I can't avoid it any longer. Then I lay down like a dog about to get beaten and let it do its damage.

I suppose I eat when I remember about it, so it's about 1, sometimes 2 meals per day.

Plus I hate cooking.

I also don't like eating, but I have to eat every 2-3 hours in order to continue being happy. Another benefit to eating so frequently is that I don't have to eat for long periods of time because I never have a large meal. Social occasions involving meals where you're just there to eat for at least an hour is when I really hate food.

I’m currently sticking to the schedule of 3 meals a day with fruit between breakfast and lunch and fruit between lunch and dinner. I don’t snack after dinner.
I’m sticking to this schedule because I’m trying to lose weight and I tend to feel snacky all day, so I need to regulate myself.

I'm all over the place, I don't have a set meal routine... Except when I'm at work when you only eat at coffee and lunch breaks

I often eat my supper later in the evening, as I'm also a night owl, typically going to bed between 11 PM and Midnight

When I get home from work late afternoon I usually just snack... I often go out at night, and then usually won't eat supper until I get home from my evening function... I just don't ever feel hungry enough immediately after work to eat my full supper...

Weekends? I'm all over the place, my only real weekend food routine is Sunday morning breakfast, before going to church I go to a restaurant for a full breakfast and like to read the newspaper over breakfast... I have a few different places I will circulate through...

I have to eat fairly regularly as I'm a diabetic. If I eat breakfast for example & skip lunch, I usually will have a low sugar incident by 3pm. So 3 meals a day usually at the same times to keep my sugar levels even. I used to skip meals all the time & just eat when I felt like it, but I can't do that anymore...

Cereal for breakfast, lunch is meh, just some little snacky thing or skipped altogether, I like to eat dinner late around 8-9 pm. Night owl too of the first degree. I don't go to bed until around 4 am. Sleep until 10 am unless I have an appointment I can't get out of. Nap in the afternoon.
Rarely really want to eat, but, it's a necessity. I don't snack and don't care for anything too sweet like
candies, etc. An occasional cookie or small piece of not too sweet type cake for dessert at dinner sometimes.

I eat two meals a day, brunch and dinner. I don't eat snacks between meals.

• I eat 3 meals per day because society expects it. If I were left to my own devices, I'd eat 4 or 5 small meals per day. It has always been hard for me to eat breakfast by 7:00 a.m. and have to wait 5 hours to eat lunch at noon, then wait 6 or 7 hours before I can eat dinner because I'm not a snacker. I burn a lot of energy, have a high metabolism, and have never been overweight so I get hungry about every 3 hours.

It changes over time, depending on what is going on with me physically and also the circumstances.

Typically I have had two moderate meals a day, and snacked between (trying for healthy snacks - real food/fruit - but not always successful). But also had bad caffeine habit. I found it better to eat lightly but frequently during the day then have large meals.

Because of work it was usually lunch & dinner meals, but on days off and now always I prefer Breakfast and dinner meals, which is healthy fuel wise.

I typically have 3 meals a day without snacks because that what my work schedule permits. I have breakfast around noon, sometimes earlier. I eat “lunch” around 6:00-7:00. Dinner happens when I get home, usually midnight or later. If I wake up early enough to eat breakfast in the morning I usually add in a fourth meal/snack somewhere along the way so I don’t get hangry. I burn a ton of calories at work so I have to eat as often as possible or I have zero energy.

In the last 3 or 4 years I have went from 3 meals a day to 4 or 5 smaller meals a day. This because I get full really fast. My doctor says that I am losing weight, 30 lb. in the last 2 years. He seems to be concerned about me losing weight with out trying to, but am glad to be losing weight. If my current eating habits are causing me to lose weight, that is a good thing. If I lose 30 more pounds I will be just right.

Reading through these posts, I see that a lot of peoples eating schedule is determined by their work schedule. Mine is to certain extent, even though I am self-employed and part time. Work always comes first. This can hurt some families. That doesn't seem right, but that is just the way it is.

New Threads

Top Bottom