• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

me

okay, yeah, well feel free to make your own observations or whatever and reply in whatever way you see fit because frankly i've lost the will to care now.

i see myself as a pathetic loner with no life, no friends and no future, i have no social life what so ever, no 'real life' friends, a small handful of internet friends, so far i have dealt with education relatively well but i think im ****ing up my college work, i decided i was gaming too much so i let my brother take my xbox 360 to uni with him and now my motherboard broke i think im going to let him take basically my rig, minus hdds and motherboard with him to uni, i have stuff that i need to get done anyway and i need to work
just to give some idea of my patheticness, my steam accounts value is £654.48 GBP (steamcalculator) and i've spent a lot on the xbox and games and stuff, i should have spent that money better.

yeah, i suppose i do hate myself, i guess that's what happens after i'm not even sure how many years (since like year 3 or 4 right up till i left secondary school) of bullying and not being able to fit in anywhere and not being able to make friends, im fed up really, i just see an extremely lonely future and i don't like it, but i cant change it, i cant talk to people because i have no social skills and i have no social skills because i cant talk to people what the **** is wrong with me, whenever ive tried to just talk to someone i've been ignored or told to go away pretty much no matter what the circumstance even when ive done nothing wrong, i didn't realise i repulse people so much, looks like i do.

anyway, i may add to this later, but for now this is mike and im off

I can sympathise with your situation but that's not going to help you. Want I think you should do is try find someone with similar interests as yourself. Now, I know that's easier said than done but you need to try (tbh sounds like something my dad would say to me). All of us here have similar problems to yourself so you're not alone. I'm not the best person to be giving advice (sometimes I think I should take my own advice :p ) but:

You seem to be a big PC user and gamer. I would suggest trying to go to a computer or gaming club of some sort. Do any take place on your college campus? At least that way you'd be around people with similar interests to yourself and might be able to relate to them better and eventually make a friend or two. For the social thing, maybe try talking to a psychologist or therapist to help teach you what to do in different social situations.

As for your brother taking your rig to Uni, I don't think that's entirely a good idea. It sounds like a big part of your life and taking that away from you would probably worsen how you feel inside. Certainly you need to cut down on it, but that doesn't mean you need to cut it out entirely - just use it in moderation. I know that's going to be hard because I was addicted to gaming myself before and i'm still addicted to the computer. I did manage to cut down a lot on the gaming and cut out watching TV almost completely, so it can be done. 

I can't help you with college because i've basically screwed up my entire education, so feel free to look elsewhere for advice on that bit.   :)

That's my advice. Don't know if it's much help to you but at least I tried.

@poodlepiglet Holy crap! Line breaks please.  :blink: On a HD widescreen monitor your post was an eyesore. I can only imagine what it was like for Mike if he read that on his 10inch (IIRC). :lol:

@poodlepiglet Holy crap! Line breaks please.  :blink: On a HD widescreen monitor your post was an eyesore. I can only imagine what it was like for Mike if he read that on his 10inch (IIRC). :lol:

Thanks Calvert. I know it's hard to imagine I got threw so many years of schooling sometimes...

oh and calvert, the whole idea in getting rid of the gaming stuff is because its an addiction, one that i cant control myself once i've got on it, literally nine hours none stop gaming, not moving from my chair

i've wanted to give up too many times to count, but i haven't completely yet

i do a computing course-focusing on hardware and networking, and yeah i have lost interest in the subject, its a 2 year course and there's only 7 weeks left of the first year, if i leave i will have nothing to show for loads of work that has been done

@antisocialite
i am completely alone, always, it sucks and it just makes me hate myself more

i do my best to get out of the house when i can and ride my bike- the park is near where i live but there isn't anything good near me but lately i just haven't had the energy to ride my bike, or just do anything really, i like going out on my bike, i seriously shift on it, with a punctured front tire and a really bumpy surface my dad clocked my @ 27mph in his car when i was riding on the pavement, but i don't like being stared at, which often happens when im going faster than most of the cars

i've decided to try and focus on my work and not games and stuff so my big expensive gaming machine(the amount of money i've wasted is stupid) is going to uni with my brother and im building a low power but most definitely suitable for my needs tiny computer, i will be able to take my entire computer outside if the weather is good

i would probably try volunteering something but im really really bad with people, i just find it extremely difficult to talk to people i don't know, which is pretty much everyone, and im not very good at much stuff at all

i have decided that if by the time the holidays come around, about 7 or 8 weeks, if what i've done isn't enough to stop me being so depressed then i will go see the doctor and try and get some anti depressants, which if it comes to it i will be ashamed of myself.

oh by the way, your shrink sounds jealous, skiing and mountain biking are really fun, you must be really fit if you really get into skiing and mountain biking and stuff

New Threads

Top Bottom