• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

MDMA-assisted psychotherapy

MWS30

Hi,
A year ago, a study was published on treating autistic adults for their social anxiety, using MDMA and psychotherapy. The results were clinically significant.
You can find the study here: Reduction in social anxiety after MDMA-assisted psychotherapy with autistic adults: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study
I contacted the author of the study, and she told me that unfortunately after the study was published, the rest of the funding went towards PTSD and MDMA research instead.

I just wanted to share this as I've had personal experience with pure MDMA over 10 years ago. I took a threshold amount, and for about a week afterwards I found myself still feeling very sociable.

Thoughts?

I’ve enjoyed taking MDMA recreationally, but the effects didn’t last longer than a night.

MDMA was exceptionally fun while I was on it, but I was in a really low mood immediately following the experience and for several days afterwards. It may have been because my friend didn’t react to it very well and it made him unresponsive to conversation and nearly asocial, which really stressed me out.

Psilocybin, however, does have noticeable long-term positive effects on me even with sub-trip doses.

Last edited:
For me, ketamine had good long-term effects. It made me really mellow and in the moment.

I am researching this now. I heard a program where 83% of people with PTSD were still ok 3 years after therapy assisted MDMA. A therapist near me does ketamine. I am thinking about it. THerapy assisted is different. I want to try it.

This has been along of lines of research I've been doing, and it's now legal in Australia (MDMA for ptsd that is, which I am diagnosed with).

I tried ketamine and didn't like it and it is still illegal here, for therapy, as far as I know.
I am researching this now. I heard a program where 83% of people with PTSD were still ok 3 years after therapy assisted MDMA. A therapist near me does ketamine. I am thinking about it. THerapy assisted is different. I want to try it.
Anyway, its gonna be a long while until it's rolled out as a medicine here, I think, despite its legal status for therapy.

When I heard about it, my ears pricked up, as I've done years and years of many different therapies with not-good-enough- effect and despite having a script for a benzo, I'm pretty scared to take that very often and it's not even that effective anyway. I wouldn't go out on it as it's kind of a dopey feeling which would suck for socializing.
MDMA however, sounds promising. And I heard of another drug being trialled which is said to have the same positive effects of MDMA, but without the negative seratonin-depleting after effects, which sounds even more intriguing to me. Problem is I can't remember the name of it, or where to find the article about it.

New Threads

Top Bottom