• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

matchmaking services

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
I wonder if I should consider saving up for a matchmaking service.
Also, even though it's not as organic as trying to meet someone totally on your own, I like that some things are setup so that there is already attempt to put me with a quality date for me.

I do wonder if I'm in the right headspace though as I'm still moping over a friendship/date I ruined over my obsessions with wanting the definite interest unrealistically rather than trying to let things be more natural.

Also, I'm not sure what service(s) are good.

I've run into
1. Agape
2. Tawkify
3. Philadelphia Professional Singles

I'm not sure if there are certain services that are better for lgbt candidates either.

Any thoughts?

Just remember one key thing about these:

They dont exist to help you. They exist to make money... nothing more. And getting you to think that you'll end up oh-so-happy if you use their services is pretty much the entire way they do that.

Something that's been said on this forum many times in relation to what I guess you could call "dating issues" is something along the lines of "you cant just force this stuff". I mean, okay, it wasnt phrased like that, but look, I just freaking woke up, so lets go with it. I think the point is made regardless though.

Just something to consider. But it's up to you in the end.

One potential advantage is that only people in their databases are people who have to have enough money and financial stability to even consider to sign up for such a thing. I'm basically on the lower/lowest end of that.

While I am not familiar with and therefore unable to comment on the three services / organizations mentioned, I have read stories of some matchmakers who don't have a deep enough pool to draw from, and end up bringing in random people who might not have paid, or who might even be paid, just to they can fulfill a commitment of setting up a certain number of dates within a designated time frame.

Hi; Will share how I met my Mr. Wonderful!

Those sites I would say a big NO! I had a terrible experience.
In my 50’s my mother and another older lady convince me to sign up on one of those sites. It was a nightmare. Lot of lies from the company AND when you do get someone on the phone when there are problems you will find out they are run by third world countries. Many of the people are not real, just pictures. I said screw this and would never suggest anyone to do that. Just sharing, do what you wish. I would never recommend it.

Here’s what happened though. I was on a forum that had to do with where my hobbies and opinions are (read: Political and other stuff). Got to know a lot of people after being there a few years. Struck up conversation with many. Couple years there and a man saw I had a relative dying and he did too so he said: Let’s talk to each other for support.
Great idea, although he was over 3,000 miles away, so we never thought we’d meet.
The relatives passed away within a week of each other but we kept talking then we went to skype and few months and a few flights later and I’m engaged! Almost on our 5th anniversary, we are both in our early 60’s and are a perfect match.

**My suggestion: Whatever your hobbies or interest are, sign up on a forum that includes those and you will already meet people that have the same interest so you have a better chance of meeting someone you have things in common with! Also, it won’t cost you anything.

Wish you the best!

One potential advantage is that only people in their databases are people who have to have enough money and financial stability to even consider to sign up for such a thing. I'm basically on the lower/lowest end of that.

Dont be so sure about that.

Someone signing up for one of these means one and only one thing: That they signed up for one of these. Dont assume anything else. PARTICULARLY if someone is feeling desperate, they may do exceedingly foolish things with their money. And of course some people are just incredibly impulsive, with little control.

While I am not familiar with and therefore unable to comment on the three services / organizations mentioned, I have read stories of some matchmakers who don't have a deep enough pool to draw from, and end up bringing in random people who might not have paid, or who might even be paid, just to they can fulfill a commitment of setting up a certain number of dates within a designated time frame.

Good point. With Tawkify, one can pay $99/ year to be put in their pool, but one doesn't know if they will end up with date(s) or not. I can do this $99. Maybe if I want to try this route, this would be good since it's not too big a hit for me for a one-time thing.

iu

You let old Yenta find you a good spouse. I'll find you a good match. Maybe they won't be so very young or so very exciting. But let old Yenta promise you, they won't be too skinny! They will be good and plump and full of money. Oh you let old Yenta find your match, okay?

Oh my, and I forgot to tell you... You are too skinny, you need to eat more. Here, have another bite. I hate to see you so drawn and thin. Why don't you eat anymore? Who's been feeding you? Oh I blame myself, I tell you. Now eat! Eat! No one wants to marry a skinny leaf. Eat. Oh that's nice isn't it. A nice fat belly on you, that's what they're looking for.

You just leave it up to old Yenta, and I'll find you a perfect match!

New Threads

Top Bottom