1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Marrying a cousin

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Aspergers_Aspie, May 3, 2021.

1. Yeshuasdaughter

Yeshuasdaughter Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Don't! Just don't!

I really hope this is a troll, because it's either a troll or a real weirdo.

It's creepy and antiquated for a good reason. You'll alienate so many of your relatives. You haven't even mentioned the age of your cousin. But Say nothing, avoid your cousin, and seek therapy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. phantom

phantom Active Member

Attraction to family members isn't a diagnosable disorder or anything, it qualifies as a sexual orientation.

Just pretend the attraction isn't there and go on with your life, don't worry about it to much, i doubt you chose to be attracted to your cousin so there is no reason to blame yourself for it either.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

Okay maybe I wasn't serious. But I wanted to gauge a true opinion from people. Sorry.

4. OkRad

OkRad μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος οὐλομένην V.I.P Member

The emperor Claudius changed a law to marry his niece, Agrippina II, who was the daughter of Germanicus, sister of Caligula, mother of Nero.....And depending on the sources, between the two of them or just Nero, almost everyone related to Claudius was wiped out ----and then he killed his mom! Read Suetonius and Tacitus for more juicy details.........

5. Xerces Blue

Xerces Blue Evil Overload

The primary reason for these laws is to prevent to spread of receive diseases.
    Stargardt's disease is an example in my own family.
    luckily I'm only a carrier.
    it did however render my mother and her brother legally blind by the age of 20.
    They can see but my mom makes people's heads disappear from her vision when they annoy her.
    I bet you can understand the problems that come from this disease.

Part of why I agree with the sentiment of these laws.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Sapphire K

Sapphire K Autistic Demigirl! (She/They/It) V.I.P Member

I am genuinely against marrying a blood relative. That's just . . . ewww . . .

Even marrying an adopted cousin sounds pretty weird to me.

I hope this is satire.

Edit: Oh. It is.