• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Married, have a boyfriend or don't want an relationship.

Tony Ramirez

Single forever. Friends?
V.I.P Member
It seems like all girls I meet follow these three annoyances. At Church events if they do show up which is a rare thing it's the same girls in those groups. Only couples say hi to me that I don't know and it's the same couples.

Matter of fact at my friend lounge night the last two weeks was just him and his roommate both single but guys so no one but me showed up. We talked about it together last week, joking aside I was still irritating. Otherwise it's the same couple that shows up.

Then I find out yesterday that at my life group one is engaged and another new member he has found a girlfriend. I interrupted him with this very topic. Also the life group is a dead end as the other girls have boyfriend or married and most that show up are just guys.

So I prayed about it waste of time and just about giving up .

Yessir, finding a good partner can be challenging. Probably you’ll meet someone in a place you weren’t expecting rather than the places you talk about in your post. Seems to happen that way a lot.

In the area where I live, at least when I was in high school, most interested in dating would already have a date. I wasn't interested in anything like that myself and I won't be for a while due to having immense social anxiety. However I'm nonbinary and I also don't have a preference for gender even though it does play a role in my attraction to someone else so I'd be far from a normal female especially since I'm autistic.

If you don't think you can find someone, it's alright to wait a bit. The nice ones understand these sorts of things. If I'm ever interested in someone, I would wait a really long time, probably several months, before telling them I was to make sure they'd be someone I'd actually want to be in a relationship with as some can turn really toxic. Sorry to hear that your group is dead like that. There are indeed times when meeting someone can be very unexpected, so you may hopefully find someone else later on.

When it's the right time, the special person will show up. Everything takes time. Just got to be patient and keep moving forward.

When it's the right time, the special person will show up. Everything takes time. Just got to be patient and keep moving forward.
Never going to happen unless you count 100/1 odds against me. Especially now with people keeping distance before that 50/1 odds. But even when we meet up it's always no shows and the same people.

Work harder at being the right person for someone to love than looking for someone to love.

If the right girl shows up she will find in you the right person. If she doesn’t show up you will be of sound mind and confident you were true to yourself.

It’s probably hard to believe but you will be at peace.

I would rather wait it out to be found a girlfriend or be found giant stuffed animals used as sex toys :bearface::tiger::tigerface:,because they are the closest thing to a girlfriend that any aspie like me will ever be found because no girl or woman wants anything to do with me because of how unattractive I appear to them,as well as severely awkward upon eye-contact :(:mad::angry::imp::rage:.

@Tony Ramirez, keep your relationships there light & positive, male & female. Even if the women/girls don't connect with you there, people might consider you as a match for their friends or relatives. Exuding depression diminishes that possibility.

Trust me I been around. No girls are interested in me. They just pass me by ignoring me unless they are a stupid couple then I got more like a 40% chance of being noticed.

The only girls I am close to with friends are two from Church groups. One helped me Monday when I was in crisis mode after texting either. The other one texted me knowing about my meltdown two yesterday saying if I am okay.

Anyway no girl will want me for a relationship how broken I am now with a more recent phobia I am also talking to my therapist who is a girl too.

But what really ticks me off is I meet couples at Church and Church events like life group who said they meet their wife there. That really puts me in a sour mood

We all get frustrated and lose patience sometimes, but feeling jealous and resentful isn’t good for you. Social relations of every sort are always going to be more difficult for us. That’s just the way it is. It’s not the fault of the people you’re resentful of. We just have to be extra patient and tenacious when it comes to this sort of thing, unfortunately.

It's hard not to be resentful since it seems like they did not even try unlike me first joining four life groups then having many no shows, couples and the same very few single people by choice only showing up including mostly or just all guys. Hello I did not join a men's group I joined a Coed group which is not Coed most of the time.

Let's not forget about how they suddenly can't make it and the entire meetups is canceled. Even virtual which is worse I go through this crap .

It sounds like you’re regarding every group and social situation as a way to scout for women, whereas the people you’re complaining about go to have fun and hang out, as intended. Maybe just try to enjoy yourself more? Having a bad attitude is unattractive, and it’s quite easy to pick up on when you meet someone.

Did not know about my bad attitude is unattractive. It is just annoying when you join or go to a Coed group and its all men that show up. You attend other groups and many are no shows and the same people mostly couples or new couples show up you would have a bad attitude too.

I did talk to two girls in two groups but of course they show up once or twice then they are always no shows except for the same couples that show up every dang time. It's just the story of my life.

Well, as a woman I can tell you that there are few things more irritating than being spoken to by a guy who wouldn’t give me the time of day if he weren’t interested in sex and/or a relationship. Women pick up on that sort of thing, and it can be a huge turn off. In fact my sister and I were just griping about it the other day. So it’s possible that by prowling about for a relationship, you’re hurting your chances of finding one.

Seems like associating with the couples would be a good way
to be seen as a person that's fun to be around (if that's true)
and those people in relationships may have acquaintances who
are single. Introductions could ensue.

My friend Justin actually can be considered my best friend who is a couple from the Wednesday mostly guys life group said if I get better with my struggles he will introduce me to girls possibly to date. I don't know if he was joking but I guess meeting someone through a friend is possible.

Also my other friend James who is single his roommate Lou who is also single said that we should go on a walk as he can talk to girls he don't know easier. I would be a nervous wreck going on a walk with him.

Well, as a woman I can tell you that there are few things more irritating than being spoken to by a guy who wouldn’t give me the time of day
The thing is I am afraid to even approach as if you look at my anxiety scale that's a 10 on my scale. Even just to go up to a girl I don't know to talk to her scares me just thinking about it hense the walk with Lou he approaches them like normal.

New Threads

Top Bottom