• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Making Sense Of Other People Background

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
There are various times I try to make sense of people background that got themselves into trouble or made some of the wrong decisions in life. I don't know what it like since I never had this type of life.

From time to time I will meet people having these type of experiences. As I learn more about the person, I start to understand the person instead of being one of those typical person will pass judgment on someone. I'm a person than can give a person a chance. Overtime, I learn being more accepting of people. So people are not perfect, something I should understand.

For me having this open mind, I get a chance to meet some new interesting people that I might not even consider to give a chance if I was younger.

So my closing statement is don't be in a rush to judge someone right away without making the time to learn more about the person first and having a firsthand experience speaking to that person.

Depends what the wrong decisions are for me. I can't deal with or tolerate people that steal, being robbed so many times. I don't care about people drinking or doing drugs as long as they're not locking their kids in closets (my brother did this to his young children while he got ****ed up on dog) or otherwise endangering/harming their children, or stealing. If you want to sell your own stuff that's fine but don't go around jacking sh!t. There's a time and a place, if you want to get all strung out more power too you but find a babysitter. And don't get shitfaced and go driving around town, keep your happy bum at home where you A) won't get arrested B) won't kill anyone else C) won't kill yourself, well you might still do that but that's on you, remember BabySitter.

I wouldn't consider dropping out of school to pursue some other goal a bad decision just a decision. If you play right you can go back if you want.

Last edited:
My very good friend has a bad background. Drugs, theft, robbery. He went to prison a couple times but now he's turning his life around and doing so much better.

He is an aspie (not that that excuses his behaviour) and struggles immensely with the world as it is and people in general. He feels like his entire life he was lied to and has been let down again and again and again throughout life and it just spiralled.

I can't deal with or tolerate people that steal
Though stealing is not right for say, sometimes people need to steal to live if they are in deep poverty and don't have any resources for help.

I admit I stole things before. Though this issue have nothing relating to live. I'm not saying what I did is right nor I don't advise people to do it.

Also, I sure there many people from their childhood once stole something.

I had to steal food to survive when i was homeless...mostly fruit from fruit shops and fruit trees in peoples yards.... also had to steal clothes from op shop bins and clothes lines.. but it wasnt for fun lol... Was such a relief when i got offered to stay in a hostel...yaaay foood :)

Worst thing i ever did to people for fun was switch their mailboxes around to cause confusion..i still think thats funny lol..and fill peoples yards with garden gnomes and put shopping trolleys in all the street side trees...good times :p

I did get into drugs pretty bad from age 13 to 17..became an everyday thing...but now im over all the hard drugs..been there and done that...was an experience, and i got to teach my lil sister the rights and wrongs with smart drug use when she started to get curious. I think its best to know your stuff before just plowing into it blindly.

Im glad i went through all i did as i believe its taught me to be strong and survive, and to give others advice from my experiences.

I am usually drawn to a person based on their personality, which includes "background," and "stories."

I've met and had some one-time chats with some extraordinary people -- although a few I have had to listen to advice from others and not return.

Most people are incredibly nice -- those who are "too willing" to share their stories make me think 1) they are proud of what they've done, 2) they are lying, or 3) you need to stay away.

One thing I've learned to do is to remember key points (names mentioned, dates, times, etc.) ... because I will then go back and search archives to determine if I can find out whether their "story" was true (or embellished) or not.

I've learned not to get to know enough about someone to be able to Google their crime record -- some things you are better off not knowing; don't consider people "friends," if you wouldn't invite them (and trust them) into your home.

Meeting people and befriending them are two entirely different things. My suggestion is to tread softly. Even my "good" friends are those I would want on my side if anything bad happened.

I believe in people; people DO make mistakes. OR, if they've served their time and kept a clean record, that's great. BUT, not everyone is "reformed," they are just on temporary "leave."

New Threads

Top Bottom