• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Making Friends and Building Relationships During a Pandemic

ShamarZ15

Chaotic Neutral
Hey all, I know I've been gone for a while but I've been busy at my new community college since June. We've been online since June and we're transitioning to hybrid in-person classes tomorrow. I've never really spoken to a woman my age or close to it in person for two years so I'm very rusty these days. I've been talking to this one woman since June who's 24 and I'm 21 btw. We've been pretty close and I wish I could hug her sometimes because she's been through a lot the last few months. Part of me wants a relationship with her and the other part doesn't just to protect my heart.

Think that's pretty normal. Being on the spectrum means a lot conflicting desires and fears. Your freedom comes as you embrace your duality instead of fighting it. Every scary step brings this up. You sorta of have to wade through it. Often times the other person has fears and concerns too. But the more you wade through this, the better you become at it. l love giving hugs☺ to my fav.

Last edited:
"we're transitioning to hybrid in-person classes tomorrow"

Our local community colleges are still online only. I think you are lucky.

Try not to give mixed messages. Just be nice and see what happens. I had that happen once, too. There was someone and we were "kinda" close but they never made that move further so I had to back off. I did not want to make the first move because I was conflicted. But if they had wanted to move forward, I would have been won over.

Things tend to start quick and end even faster as far as online relationships go. Ephermeral. In person it is a whole different ball of wax. I would basically approach it as starting from the beginning when meeting in person and assume nothing, take nothing for granted. Take it slow/easy and see if the connection in real life progresses.

Things tend to start quick and end even faster as far as online relationships go. Ephermeral. In person it is a whole different ball of wax. I would basically approach it as starting from the beginning when meeting in person and assume nothing, take nothing for granted. Take it slow/easy and see if the connection in real life progresses.
We go to the same community college, I just haven't seen her in person yet. So technically it wasn't online exclusively lol and she built that bridge with me first by emailing me after she talked to our biology professor about her tragedy. Let's just say it involves the loss of kid and my mom went through the same thing before I got conceived.

I can't imagine going IRL with an online relationship. I an different online than I am in person. I would expect everyone else to be so as well. It might work out but I'd be much too afraid.

New Threads

Top Bottom