• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Make vote buttons larger?

BraidedPony

Enjoying life and glad to be alive!
V.I.P Member
Would it be possible to make the little vote buttons (agree, like, funny,etc) larger and/or more space between them?
I have a hard time hitting the one i want but I'm on an iPad and have some vision problems, so it might just be me.
If it cant be done, its OK.

Would it be possible to make the little vote buttons (agree, like, funny,etc) larger and/or more space between them?
I have a hard time hitting the one i want but I'm on an iPad and have some vision problems, so it might just be me.
If it cant be done, its OK.

I don't think it can be done, but you could always just zoom in :p I do that on my phone

Just use your thumb and forefinger and put them together on the screen and then move them apart to zoom in, and then do the opposite to zoom back out.

Have to agree with @Isadoorian.

As .png files and bitmap graphics, the karma icons aren't scalable "on-the-fly" like node icons. You'd either have to find existing icons in a larger size, or simply make new ones from scratch. A job I suspect our host wouldn't be interested in pursuing.

Given cross-platform compliancy considerations, it's a principal reason why some icons and text are visibly quite small. To accommodate users with mobile devices with very small viewing screens.

While you and I might benefit from larger icons and text, but there's a whole lot of people out there who depend on their mobile devices rather we with desktop systems and very large monitors. An online segment of the public who simply cannot be ignored.

Last edited:
And just to make this thread more aspie complicated ( l swear l heard @Isadoorian cursing me, ha), l wish we could vote double, like that's really funny and l agree. l also wish we had a wtf one with a pile of poop as the button icon. Hey, thank me later, somebody has to say these things.

And just to make this thread more aspie complicated ( l swear l heard @Isadoorian cursing me, ha), l wish we could vote double, like that's really funny and l agree. l also wish we had a wtf one with a pile of poop as the button icon. Hey, thank me later, somebody has to say these things.

As funny as it would be to have such a reaction/button, the advertisers for the site wouldn't agree and would likely stop supporting the site because of it which would lead to the sites downfall; no advertisers = no monetary support = no site. And it would take away from the PG-13 rating that the site holds. Plus it would just lead to lots of negative arguments in hindsight.

One thing that would be nice is if the Funny button was on the end. When I'm on my phone 99% of the time I end up hitting it, and the subjects usually are not funny.

I gather that the karma here is all positive in some way. The poop button would likely be negative karma.

If it was really funny + agree I'd vote winner. Though sometimes I get confused because there are so many choices. But that's ok.

I wish there was more of a "I sympathise with you" icon to select. That said, I do like the selection options so far, but sometimes I wish there was a bit more. I love that they all encourage positivity or are neutral (like the informative or useful icons). :)

New Threads

Top Bottom