• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lurkers, come in from the cold. Are you Aspies or Aspie curious and part of the tribe?

Mia

V.I.P Member
You don't have to interact here, unless you want to. Yet you could lurk inside Aspies Central, and become members, all it takes is signing up. You might even make contact with others who have similar interests, and discover that interacting with people is not so terribly frightening. Perhaps give it a try, and see what happens.
For members who lurked for awhile, what made you become members here?

For me, a critical element to determine my own autism remains pretty clear. To interact with my own kind, to know that in fact they ARE my own kind.

While we can be very different from one another, we can also share certain traits and behaviors. It's always gratifying to learn that others may think and act like myself in ways often foreign to the Neurotypical world. To learn that I'm not alone, even though most of my life I felt like it, and kept it a secret.

I am not alone here. And neither are those of you we have yet to hear from.

Join us! ;)

I'm unclear as to what constitutes "lurking". Do you mean people who frequent this site but never post anything, like a voyeur? I'm NT, spend a lot of time with people on the spectrum in my daily life, and occasionally visit this website for the insight, honesty, and guidance I find here.

I'm unclear as to what constitutes "lurking". Do you mean people who frequent this site but never post anything, like a voyeur? I'm NT, spend a lot of time with people on the spectrum in my daily life, and occasionally visit this website for the insight, honesty, and guidance I find here.

Yes lurking sounds a little ominous,maybe. Mia is just encouraging those who enjoy the site to say hello, i guess.

Also spectrumites can,perhaps, be those who find it to hard to nreak through social barriers.
So the first post on a forum may be a little like that for some.

Hello Mary, glad you enjoy the site.

For me, interacting with people that I do not know is next to impossible. Interacting with the people here is much easier because, for the most part they think like I do.

"Birds of a feather, flock together".

I pretty much posted right away, a few times... Lately I've been lurking a little more and posting less, but I am trying to pay attention to what goes on here... Anyway, heading out for the evening, need to run along pretty quick...

You don't have to interact here, unless you want to. Yet you could lurk inside Aspies Central, and become members, all it takes is signing up. You might even make contact with others who have similar interests, and discover that interacting with people is not so terribly frightening. Perhaps give it a try, and see what happens.
For members who lurked for awhile, what made you become members here?

This thread is a great idea! I encourage lurkers to participate or join occasionally, but this is much better.

For you perennial lurkers, please consider joining or participating more. You will have more fun and learn more than by only watching the rest of us. If you have not done your introductory post yet, you should do that. You will feel welcomed to this site and probably enjoy it very much.

New Threads

Top Bottom