• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lurker no more...

Nickycat01

Hi! *waves awkwardly* :flushed:

I've been lurking for a while but finally decided to join. I am not officially diagnosed, but I was evaluated by a doctor when I was 12 who just listed me as having ADHD so I wouldn't be "labeled" (his words). I sometimes don't know if I "fit in," but then at certain times I'm reminded of this part of me (especially when I'm trying to interact with others). I get overloaded with information/too much going on easily and I've also had a lot of light sensitivity issues which are worse lately. Sometimes my mind just shuts off and I can't get anything done at all. Some days I feel like a totally different person (my mind is clearer and information is easier to process).

A little about me (if you're interested): I'm what I would call an "internet baby" and a perpetual student/dork/nerd. I grew up online and I've been in school for forever (currently working on a PhD). I'm always on some form of technology (e.g., my computer, phone, tablet). I just feel more comfortable with technology than in person. In terms of being a dork/nerd I love MLP, Dr. Who, Pokemon, Spiderman, anime, and etc. I'm also a bit nuts over stuffed toys (I have a lot of them). I recently got a talking Pikachu from Build-a-Bear. :D I also have two very spoiled kitties: a calico named Boo and a grey fluff ball named Skitty. :hearteyecat:

Maybe I said too much but hi, you all seem great. I look forward to chatting with you and appreciate any tips. :smileycat:

Waves back!

Welcome to AC,grab a chair and join in on the fun!

New Threads

Top Bottom