• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

LOW SPOONS/BURNOUT?!

trustwaves

When you're burnt out, low spoons and recharging, how do you cope with not being able to do your normal routines? Like for example food? No energy to cook what do you do instead? No energy for self care? What do you do!? How do you recharge without overloading yourself even more?!

If it's possible, I lock myself at home and for a few days live on home delivery with a lot of sleeping and long baths.

Short term - long baths, immersing myself in my SI, vegging out in front of familiar TV or movies until I come out of it. If it gets really bad, thankfully I'm married and we take care of each other when the other is down.

Hi, Strange as it may seem, I find exercise works for me. Doesn't have to be anything too strenuous, light jogging or a brisk walk outside. I find it actually gives me more energy, as opposed to making me feel more tired. It definitely improves my mood as well.

Yep, exercise is rejuvenating. A long nature hike in the woods for me or hit the trail on my bicycle.

Naps and watch something light on TV, usually from years gone by until I get my energy back.

Fresh air - go for a walk. Buy ready-made food or take-away or bulk cook on good days and freeze portions for bad days. Lie down for half an hour or so, look at the clouds or nature outside the window and do nothing.

I find that a bit of solitude helps get back enough energy to do something else that helps me replenish energy. For example, I will sit or lay down in my room by myself in the quiet. When I feel my brain calming down I’ll get a book out and read, which helps me calm even more. Then maybe I’ll have the energy to cook or go get some food, and so on. I try to start with the simplest activity that gives me some energy and build from there.

New Threads

Top Bottom