• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Low bloodsugar and increased stimming?

More Stimming when Sugars Low?

• yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • i stim the same amount

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

JoyChaos

this is something im rather interested in finding out if its just me or all diabetics. When my bloodsugar is low i rock, flap, twist and twirl my hands and fingers more and more intensely. I am curious of other type 1's and type 2's experience this.

particularly if you mask normally and this type of stimming only comes out when your blood sugar is low.

I can't say I resort to stimming but I do get the shakes, my hands mostly. I can tell when my sugar is low, breathing becomes rapid & I shake - arms, hands, shoulders,,,etc. One piece of Whether's stops it within a few minutes. When I calm down I usually spit out the candy so I don't ingest too much sugar. My PCP suggested orange juice but to keep it fresh in the fridge until the next episode doesn't work, I have a one week limit for anything in the fridge. In 50 years of marriage, my wife has never had to clean the fridge. She just waits me out, or label it keep your hands off!

New Threads

Top Bottom