• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Love On the Spectrum Series

I hadn't heard of it until I saw this post. Seems like it may have some potential and be worth checking out. I know all too well the struggles of dating as an aspie or primarily the struggles of even getting a date.

Love on the Spectrum came up on my recommended list on Netflix. I watched less than 2 minutes of the first episode and turned it off.

It reminded me of 'The Undateables' which was a series aired in the UK some years ago that 'took the mickey/made fun of' people with health problems and/or a learning disability who were deemed undateable.

The Undateables

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if I've got the wrong impression.

Love on the Spectrum came up on my recommended list on Netflix. I watched less than 2 minutes of the first episode and turned it off.

It reminded me of 'The Undateables' which was a series aired in the UK some years ago that 'took the mickey/made fun of' people with health problems and/or a learning disability who were deemed undateable.

The Undateables

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if I've got the wrong impression.

My hackles raised when I read about the show, for the same reasons you note here. Sounds like just another televised autism “freak show” to me.

Yes, it was discouraging. Only one couple (who were together before) we together. Even other aspies didn't want to be with the aspies......Made me sad. I did, though, see a lot of aspies who really accepted their own autism. That was the bright part. But again, it was like they were oblivious to how others see them. I don't know about you all, but I had that mocked, beat, bullied and humiliated out of me LONG AGO. I have a very clear picture of how others see me...........

New Threads

Top Bottom